thirty bees forum

2 different shops/servers, 1 stock

Peter

Hi again,

I'm developing another webshop. It will be a petshop. my first shop is a reptileshop. now I want to use at the petshop the stock from the reptileshop. That must be possible with multistore but I can't find a good manual to do this. Googled it and YouTube. 

Hello Peter..

I'll try to give you help so let be clear that  if you have ONE server and you host one website on it (I am not talking about domains) you can activate the multishop feature and then share the stock or not between instances.

If you have 2 serveurs with 2 different websites.. you'll need to update DATABASE directly with a cron task from one DB to another one or use other techniques like Web API request for stocks update.. or jsut for confirmation before validating the cart.. anyway it is not a native function at all .. when you hjave 2 DBs.. you need a bridge between them if you wan to connect datas.

On a more serious way you may have already en ERP that manage your stock and customers, or maybe some sort of P.I.M  (Google it if you don't know), if it's the case then you'll have to synch the stock on each TB instance with a script that can connect to your software where the REAL stock is.. some uses CSV or Excel files for that purpose.. many ways are possible.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, zen said:

Hello Peter..

I'll try to give you help so let be clear that  if you have ONE server and you host one website on it (I am not talking about domains) you can activate the multishop feature and then share the stock or not between instances.

If you have 2 serveurs with 2 different websites.. you'll need to update DATABASE directly with a cron task from one DB to another one or use other techniques like Web API request for stocks update.. or jsut for confirmation before validating the cart.. anyway it is not a native function at all .. when you hjave 2 DBs.. you need a bridge between them if you wan to connect datas.

On a more serious way you may have already en ERP that manage your stock and customers, or maybe some sort of P.I.M  (Google it if you don't know), if it's the case then you'll have to synch the stock on each TB instance with a script that can connect to your software where the REAL stock is.. some uses CSV or Excel files for that purpose.. many ways are possible.

It are 2 different servers...and this is too difficult for me haha. I think I'm going to merge the shops and stop with the first one. That is easier. 

Thanks for your reply. 

5 hours ago, Mediacom87 said:

Hi,

You can perhaps look on the side of this module which seems to me to correspond to your need, it is not announced as compatible with Thirtybees but as it is full compatible with PrestaShop 1.6 that should do it.

https://www.prestatoolbox.com/administrative-tools/161-syncronize-products-quantities.html

Thanks for your reply. 

I'm going to look at it and maybe I will use it for the first period when I'm merging the shops. Multistore isn't going to work for me I think. 

• Like 1