thirty bees forum

Product visible only with direct link

Petter

When a unique product is displayed in the shop, it will also be indexed by search engines and visible when users browse the shop.  When this unique product is sold, I want it to be visible only if you have a direct link to the product, this way links from search engines will still be valid when someone clicks the direct link from the search engine. This way I can keep the original product page as a reference and the product information and at the same time suggest other products on that page to the customer so maybe they purchase a similar product.

A very popular Norwegian web shop komplett.no have this functionality and I have several times searched Google for products that they not any more sell and that is not visible in the web shop, but  google has still the link to the product. When you click the Google link, you will come to the product page with still contains the original information except for price, stock and the purchase button, but also information that this product is no longer available, and they sometimes add tips about similar products.

This way, especially if you sell large "unique" products can keep information about historic products and generate traffic to your website.

You can create one Unvisible category which is not displayed in shop, and set it as Default category for this product.

Than you also associate the product with other categories where you want to show it.

After product is sold, you remove other associated categories and keep only Unvisible category.

After that product is accessible only with direct link.

Edited by toplakd
  • Like 1