thirty bees forum

Migrator did not upgrade best seller block to TB version

steved

Question

I have a strange issue. I ran a trial migration on my local server and it replaced the "Top-sellers block v1.8.1 - by PrestaShop" by "Block Best Sellers v2.2.1 - by thirty bees".

I then ran the same migrator on my live site and it has not replaced the Prestashop version.

How do I go about replacing a single module with the TB version? Can I simply overwrite the /modules/blockbestsellers folder with the TB source files or do I zip them up and install it as a new module?

4 answers to this question

True, one can download it. Another way to do this is to uninstall and delete the module, then reinstall it.

Also: the migration module doesn't update modules at all. Updating modules is a step after migration and works the same way as any module update.

I've now hit another issue.

Checking error_log I am seeing php errors for the PS cart block module. I ran a test on my local site by uninstalling and then deleting the module and it was automatically replaced by the TB block cart module.

Tried the same thing on the live site and when I try to "install" the TB version I get a 500 server error. Same problem trying to install a third party module.

I tried turning on debug but still not showing anything.

Just discovered you can download the encrypted error report on the 500 error page (you learn something new every day!!). It is reporting class ziparchive not found so will try and work out what is different between my test server and live. Coincidentally ZipArchive was the php addon that was originally missing on the live server.

Class 'ZipArchive' not found

in file classes/Tools.php at line 3733
Edited by steved

Problem solved.

I have been trying to get all my sites to be compatible with php 7.3 as was still running on 7.1 which is no longer supported.

I had to install ZipArchive on php 7.1 before I could migrate from PS to TB. Yesterday after testing everything locally I switched the live server to 7.3 and it didn't reinstall the zip archive.

Now able to install modules again.

• Like 1