thirty bees forum

Multistore Setup

gospodinwizard

Question

I'll apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge....I am new to ThirtyBees as I used CSCART for a long time.  I am trying to setup multistore but find myself with a number of questions.  I have a subdomain created on my server as I assume the URL for the second store has to be resolvable and I assume I have to install the software in that subdomain.  That prompts me to wonder if I could use a URL on another server.  Of course, when I install the software the second time I won't be allowed to use the same table prefix so I am curious how the second store will be able to see the data.  THAT makes me wonder if I am supposed to use a second DB for the second store, but that doesn't make sense to me either.  Then I went to  my cpanel had redirected the subdomain I assume as a result of trying to setup multistore.  You can see I am rather confused and I would greatly appreciate some direction or asssistance.  Thanks in advance...

2 answers to this question

41 minutes ago, gospodinwizard said:

I'll apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge....I am new to ThirtyBees as I used CSCART for a long time.  I am trying to setup multistore but find myself with a number of questions.  I have a subdomain created on my server as I assume the URL for the second store has to be resolvable and I assume I have to install the software in that subdomain.  That prompts me to wonder if I could use a URL on another server.  Of course, when I install the software the second time I won't be allowed to use the same table prefix so I am curious how the second store will be able to see the data.  THAT makes me wonder if I am supposed to use a second DB for the second store, but that doesn't make sense to me either.  Then I went to  my cpanel had redirected the subdomain I assume as a result of trying to setup multistore.  You can see I am rather confused and I would greatly appreciate some direction or asssistance.  Thanks in advance...

You didn't get the idea of a multistore at all.

Multistore means that you have only one installation that handles all your stores. These stores can have different domains associated, you just need them to point to the same IP address you thirtybees is running on. When visitors visits any one of these stores, thirtybees will determine the correct shop context from the url, and will serve content from that shop only.

Of course, you can decide if your mutli-stores will share products, customers, orders, etc. You can set it as you wish. 

The main benefit of multistore is that you can manage everything from one back office

• Like 1