thirty bees forum

I have messed this up royally (FIXED)

The Pellet Guy

Today I upgraded to bleeding egde 1.1.x after a reccomendation and its fixed a fair few of the issues I was having 

However I went 1 step too far I tried to switch to the Niara Theme and thats where it all went wrong  bad xml file i recall was the error, now im left with a blank front end except my logo

the Bees config says im still using community theme although im presuming this theme switch failed and its over written a few things that are required,  I have searched for this issue and not really found a comprehensive answer as to how i can fix this given my situation,  no back ups  and no server back up.

Can I re install the community theme,  or do i need to export everything I can, and do a fresh install and re insert all the products images and descriptions  everything is still visable in the back office dummy orders products  product details  customers  and customer details .

Any help would be apreciated I was due to go  live at the weekend 

Thanks in advance

Paul 

SERVER INFORMATION

Server information Linux #1 SMP Tue Mar 17 23:49:17 UTC 2020 x86_64

Server software version Apache

PHP version 5.6.40

Memory limit 1024M

Max execution time 0

DATABASE INFORMATION

MySQL version 5.6.47

MySQL server localhost

MySQL name puffdade_thbe465

MySQL user puffdade_thbe465

Tables prefix tbl7_

MySQL engine InnoDB

MySQL driver DbPDO

STORE INFORMATION

thirty bees version 1.1.0-1.1.x

Shop URL http://www.thepelletguys.com/

Current theme in use community-theme-default

LIST OF CHANGED FILES

Changed/missing/obsolete files have been detected.

Obsolete files (5)

• vendor/bin/update-versions
  • vendor/bin/semver
  • vendor/bin/generate-defuse-key
  • admin/CoreUpdaterBackup-2020-07-14--09-01-33
  • admin/error_log

front end.jpg

Edited by The Pellet Guy

did you empty the shop cache and the browser cache?
i currently only see the maintenance mode.

Your php version with 5.6.xxxx should also be updated - this gives more power.

try a new update with template change. it can also be due to one or the other module. or change your settings before trying the performance again

example and reload:

image.thumb.png.af815dcc08fd1e413df94511605bb2b8.png

• Like 1

I have  cleared cache  and turned maintenance mode off  refreshed tried to reload and same result

what is strange is there are 2 instances of Niara theme on themes page  and no option to install community theme 

i tried Niara again and the result is  Attempt to install theme Niara despite its invalid config.xml.  

my initial install of Bees was via softaculous from Cpanel and then i purchased and used the CS Cart to Bees conversion tool, im wondering if my entire proceedure was flawed from the off as i had a lot of problems importing from CS Cart.

10 minutes ago, The Pellet Guy said:

i tried Niara again and the result is  Attempt to install theme Niara despite its invalid config.xml.  

You can try to see if there is a niara folder inside /themes. If there is, maybe you can rename it to niara-off and upload a full brand new /themes/niara directory from the thirtybees zip full instalation package, using FTP.

If you don't have a backup, before trying anything else, just pack the whole TB instalation in a zip and download it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wartin said:

You can try to see if there is a niara folder inside /themes. If there is, maybe you can rename it to niara-off and upload a full brand new /themes/niara directory from the thirtybees zip full instalation package, using FTP.

If you don't have a backup, before trying anything else, just pack the whole TB instalation in a zip and download it.

Well that done the trick  made a copy of the installation and saved on the server then onto another learning curve,  had to set up and learn FTP  ok for you youngens, at 55 things don't work as they should, 🙂  so i downloaded a new installation extracted the themes  renamed the existing niara theme to niara-old   ftp'd over the new themes  went for an install of Niara theme and it worked so repeated with the community theme,   now the community theme works again and i have full visuals,  all products dummy orders  and  customers i imported are all good and apart from what i was trying to fix it all works again.   

whats bugging me  is why were pre installed theme files corrupt or missing key files in the first place,

now just need to get the blog to show, the copyright to appear and sort out this click and collect issue. 

Thank you so much Guys really apreciate it 

working.jpg

Edited by The Pellet Guy
  • Like 1