thirty bees forum

Missing left side module?

Madbits

Question

image.thumb.png.5f4d5b4fdb98304cddf235a973b68ae7.png

For some reason a module is missing on my page as it can be seen above.

I have no idea how it vanished, of course probably did something but I can't figure out what.

I have been tweaking around with my modules so I might have disabled it by accident, although I can not remember doing so.

Anybody knows the name of the module that usually exists on the left side of the product list?

Thank you.

7 answers to this question

On 8/6/2020 at 11:07 AM, Madbits said:

Anybody knows the name of the module that usually exists on the left side of the product list?

Hello. There is blockspecials, blockcategories, blockviewed, column (beesblog)

But maybe you should check in Preferences -> Themes. Press Configuration button for Niara, and there is column settings for that theme.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Traumflug said:

One can hook any module displaying something to the left column, not just a specific one.

Home page of the Niara theme is without left or right column, though.

Thing is that I did had specific functions like filter by "tags" and other options on the left side by default.

After tweaking with modules it disappeared, I tried to hook the "tags" module on the left column and it did not work, probably due to the reason that you specified.

5 minutes ago, Wartin said:

Hello. There is blockspecials, blockcategories, blockviewed, column (beesblog)

But maybe you should check in Preferences -> Themes. Press Configuration button for Niara, and there is column settings for that theme.

Good luck!

Thank you so much, that's exactly what I've been looking for.

6 minutes ago, Madbits said:

Thank you so much, that's exactly what I've been looking for.

Great! Usually I cannot recall where things are. In this case, I searched for 'column' in the backoffice (upper left) and then looked for something theme related.

7 minutes ago, Wartin said:

Great! Usually I cannot recall where things are. In this case, I searched for 'column' in the backoffice (upper left) and then looked for something theme related.

I'll have to get myself a local default installation so I can have a way of knowing where things should be or not for whenever I do changes late at night.

• Like 1

I had the same issue. I thought I broke my configuration. I googled for "thirty bees left column not shown" ;-)

I went in Prefs > Themes > Advanced. Then for the specific page you are showing, it's name is "category". Make sure you tick the left column.

You can do this for every page you want. Let say you want to have a right column on index page, you tick "right column" in this page. Change is immediate (on my instance though).

Hope this will help you and other.

• Like 1