thirty bees forum

Table 'tb_access' already exists

Question

Hi,

I have a problem while installing 30b. It ends with an error: "Table 'tb_access' already exists". Like the installer tries to create all tables all over again or something?

10 answers to this question

But I install on an empty database, when I look in phpmyadmin the tables got created, and then this error…

Doesn't sound logical. Steps for installation are:

1. Create a database, e.g. thirtybees.
  2. Install using this database, prefix is arbitrary. This creates tables inside this database, including table tb_access (where tb_ is the prefix).
  3. Click on the "Manage Shop" button to see further instructions.
  4. Remove folder install/ as instructed.
  5. Click the link given in these instructions.
  6. Note the current URL (ignoring parameters), which ends with adminxxyyzz/, where xxyyzz is a random string.

Where does your procedure differ from this and in which step shows the error message up?

Step 2, during the install process. I create a db, upload files, launch install and during the table creation i have this error. I'm not new to prestashop by the way so please don't write about obvious things :-)

I’m not new to prestashop by the way so please don’t write about obvious things

Obviously there's something going on I've never seen. Installer is pretty much the same as with PrestaShop. This check for table tb_access happens before the table gets populated, so I wonder what might trigger this check a second time and without user interaction.

I tried to do it a bit differenty and it worked. Before I uploaded a zip file on the server and extracted it there. But it worken after I extracted the folder on my PC, and then uploded the files.