thirty bees forum

Core updater: issues with sync

mbc_3

Question

I tried updated my shop to 1.1.x, but my shop returned an error. I turned on debug mode and here is what I got:

Call to undefined method Translate::getFrontTranslation()
in file config/smartyfront.config.inc.php at line 66

and the line in question is:

66:    return Translate::postProcessTranslation(Translate::getFrontTranslation($params['s'], $basename, $params['sprintf'], $params['js']), $params);

Any ideas? Thank you so much.

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, mbc_3 said:

I tried updated my shop to 1.1.x, but my shop returned an error. I turned on debug mode and here is what I got:

Call to undefined method Translate::getFrontTranslation()
in file config/smartyfront.config.inc.php at line 66

and the line in question is:

66:    return Translate::postProcessTranslation(Translate::getFrontTranslation($params['s'], $basename, $params['sprintf'], $params['js']), $params);

Any ideas? Thank you so much.

Look into classes/Translate.php that it contains method getFrontTranslation: https://github.com/thirtybees/thirtybees/blob/21b15c3e17188037e4862ddf357b6a3d65f1c3bd/classes/Translate.php#L403

If not, use core updater again to fetch the changes. If the changes are not there even after core updater, check file permissions -- maybe your server don't have permissions to write to that file.

If the method is there, then it's your server cache. Go to Advanced Parameters > Performance and clear cache. That might help

14 minutes ago, datakick said:

Look into classes/Translate.php that it contains method getFrontTranslation: https://github.com/thirtybees/thirtybees/blob/21b15c3e17188037e4862ddf357b6a3d65f1c3bd/classes/Translate.php#L403

If not, use core updater again to fetch the changes. If the changes are not there even after core updater, check file permissions -- maybe your server don't have permissions to write to that file.

If the method is there, then it's your server cache. Go to Advanced Parameters > Performance and clear cache. That might help

I could not find getFrontTranslation and I cleared the cache, ran the core updater again, and made sure I had permissions to write the file.

By copying and pasting the classes/Translate.php file from the github into my server, it worked, and I ugraded to 1.1.x Perhaps it's an issue with the core updater?