thirty bees forum

Core Updater and Wishlist module download link broken

oliiix

Dear all

Just had the problem that the core updater didn't update itself. When I clicked on update in the module menu it said it updated the module, but the version was still the same. So I downloaded it from TB site and uploaded it manually, no problem there, it's now the latest version installed. But there's another problem when trying to update wishlist block v2.0.0. This one says it needs an update, core updater says it did the update but it didn't like when I tried to update the core updater itself. When trying to download it manually from here...

https://store.thirtybees.com/shop-modules/front-office/block-wishlist?search_query=wishlist&results=1

...the download button is linked to the shops home page instead of the file 😉

Just thought of telling you quickly 😉

Have a good day everyone!

Oli

38 minutes ago, oliiix said:

Dear all

Just had the problem that the core updater didn't update itself. When I clicked on update in the module menu it said it updated the module, but the version was still the same. So I downloaded it from TB site and uploaded it manually, no problem there, it's now the latest version installed. But there's another problem when trying to update wishlist block v2.0.0. This one says it needs an update, core updater says it did the update but it didn't like when I tried to update the core updater itself. When trying to download it manually from here...

https://store.thirtybees.com/shop-modules/front-office/block-wishlist?search_query=wishlist&results=1

...the download button is linked to the shops home page instead of the file 😉

Just thought of telling you quickly 😉

Have a good day everyone!

Oli

The update process works for me without any problems. This looks like a permissions issue on your server. Make sure that your web user has write access to the /modules/<module> directory, and all its parent directories

• Like 1

Well that's strange. The folder permissions are ok. Have to investigate it further, it's really all modules that cannot be updated not only wishlist block. Even though the last module updates so far were all working without any problems. I'll update here if there's anything worthy to tell you after I found the problem 🙂

Thanks a lot for replying so fast 🙂

yes that's working without problems, I can easily upload and extract a module via backend, just did that with some modules and they are being extracted, install and configuring works also like a charm 🙂

don't worry, I'll check it myself it's not that urgent, I just thought there might be something wrong with your updater module so I thought of telling you, but I'm actually currently working on other stuff as well 😉 I'll update this thread if I find a problem that might be related to TB and not caused by myself somehow. I probably will have a look at it tomorrow once more digging a bit deeper as I could today.

Have a great day Petr!

Edited by oliiix