thirty bees forum

Overrides Issue

The Pellet Guy

Question

Today I hit a little snag I havnt carried out any additional works to the site other than some specific prices a couple of new products  and moved a couple of users  out of customers group and into a  Team group where they receive additional discounts.

I went to check one of the products I had added  and was greated with a large 500 ERROR

First thing  I did  turn on debug  and I was greated with this when I tried to preveiw

988062276_Capturedebug.thumb.JPG.75dd22763c110473770943b6984205fb.JPG182652553_Capturestacktrace.thumb.JPG.2b9a0457986489de33a7c54b9e682169.JPG

I turned off Overrides  to see if that was an issue, Im not actually sure if any overrides are even present  but turning off enabled the site to load,  I had no debug screen when overrides were off and all seemed ok.

I remembered there is an overrides checker in modules so run that to see whats running  and found  the next image,  what im concerned about  is the overrides listed are not signed off  by any module  there is no explanation as to when they were installed and for what purpose.

overrides.thumb.JPG.d3f55284d1222b0fd3d30721abcbb609.JPG

Now the plot thickens  and Im sure there is a connection here,  I tried logging in as a team member  and thats when it all goes wrong for regular customers all seems fine, as a team member the top horizontal menu vanishes all but the HOME button

1800796377_Capturefrontendloggedin.thumb.JPG.bfdedb0101f6a69844ac77f06c342f47.JPG

I have checked the group settings 3 or 4 times and ensured block top menu has a big yellow YES  for that group  I have cleared the cache on pc  and back office  and asked one of my staff back in London to check if they had same issues and they have

Can anyone offer any advice on this especially what the outcome would be if i just deleted those overrides.

Thanks Guys

Capture log in.JPG

5 answers to this question

12 hours ago, datakick said:

When you enable the module (and overrides), does it fix the problem?

No it didnt (I may have found the issue though)

It all seems very odd as the cart has been working fine we are slowly building our orders up and people are finding us, and I can honestly say no major changes other than day to day tasks have been made

However, I did make a little headway

I have 2 personal customer accounts  for testing  one as a reseller one as a team member  the idea was I can jump back and forth checking the prices are correct for each group  and compare to general retail clients prices.

I used your module ( log in as a customer this by the way is an extremely valuable tool) I use this to check how others were seeing the site and all seemed fine,

If I log in via my two accounts thats when the problems occur  it would seem i'am the problem,  I have different credentials for each account,  I have now deleted my accounts and set up a fresh one and the site can now be veiwed as per normal with overrides on or off  and Rockpos enabled or disabled

Somehow my accounts must have gotten corrupted or there is a cookie issue maybe associated with my accounts  this is where it goes over my head  :), I don't fully understand the mechanics

Looks like execution flow goes through different code branch for different users. In the context of one user RockPos module was probably not loaded. PHP did not know/found the constant this module defines, and the code in override failed terribly.

Let's blame RockPos module for this 🙂 All overrides should check if the module is enabled and loaded. If not, they should NOT do anything - they should fallback to overridden method. Since you are customer of RockPos please file an issue for this, and let them fix it.

Meanwhile, you should figure out why one user has different context than other. I would guess this to be related to Customer Groups -- modules can be disabled per group, so check this settings. But of course, it can be different issues

• Like 1