thirty bees forum

thirty bees migration module questions - FAILURE - HELP ! (SOLVED)

Petter

I'm trying to upgrade a site from Prestashop 1.6.1.7 to Thirt bees using the thirty bees migration module, and when doing so, I get the following errors:

thirty bees test suite passing

Test 'ImgDir': File /var/www/xxx/img/bg_bt.gif is not writable.
Test 'ModuleDir': File /var/www/xxx/modules/report.html is not writable.
Test 'MailsDir': File /var/www/xxx/mails/en/forward_msg.txt is not writable.
Test 'Zip': fail

So, today, the owner and grout of these folders is www-data   - what will be the correct permissions for these folders, and should they changed back after upgrading ?

Test 'Zip': fail ?  How to correct ?

Edited by Petter
adding tags

It was also a lot of other folders that missed write permissions, but the upgrade module did not warn about these first, they showed up when starting the upgrade process, so the upgrade process aborted several times and I had to change to write permissions on several folders before the upgrades continued.  I choose to do backup of the images also, so the backup progress takes long time, but the progress is ongoing now.

To have the possibility to revert if this process fails, I did before starting make a full Clonezilla image of the server so it can be reverted quickly if I get serious problems under ways,,,

Edited by Petter
typos

Hmmm, the upgrade is not going well,,,,

Backup files in progress. 633 files left
All files saved. Now backing up database
Database backup: 142 table(s) left...
Database backup: 142 table(s) left...
Database backup: 56 table(s) left...
Database backup done in filename v1.6.1.7_20201022-162956-5814a271. Now moving aside incompatible modules...
Deleting now obsolete modules...
Now preparing the database...
Now upgrading files...
9749 files will be upgraded.
9149 files left to upgrade.
8549 files left to upgrade.
7949 files left to upgrade.
7349 files left to upgrade.
6749 files left to upgrade.
6149 files left to upgrade.
5549 files left to upgrade.
4949 files left to upgrade.
4349 files left to upgrade.
3749 files left to upgrade.
3149 files left to upgrade.
2549 files left to upgrade.
2237 files left to upgrade.
Restoring files ...
Unable to extract backup.
Errors
File ******admin/autoupgrade/backup/auto-backupfiles_V1.6.1.6_20160922-021700-5f4a2e5a.zip (size: 40971277) has been skipped during backup.
File ******admin/autoupgrade/backup/auto-backupfiles_V1.6.1.6_20160922-021958-3f485469.zip (size: 40991287) has been skipped during backup.
File *********admin/autoupgrade/backup/auto-backupfiles_V1.6.1.6_20160922-022253-30189bfd.zip (size: 40991287) has been skipped during backup.
File tools/geoip/GeoLiteCity.dat (size: 21933406) has been skipped during backup.
Error while copying from /var/www/********/*******admin/psonesixmigrator/latest/index.php to /var/www/******/index.php
Error when trying to upgrade file /index.php.

Actual filenames id replaced with ****** 

The problem could be a permission problem ? - but the upgrader found some permission problems when starting the upgrade, all these was fixed so the upgrade could continue. After a short while, even more permission problems ( not detected by the upgrader) occurred and the upgrading was aborted and had to be restarted - these permissions was fixed and the upgrade could continue.  Now,the upgrade crashed just before finished, and the restore operation failed.,,,

Looks like the database migration completed properly. That's a good thing. You can download thirtybees zip and unzip it to your store. Don't forget to remove install directory, and rename admin directory. That should put you into working state. Then install core updater module, and perform clean update to 1.1.0 (or preferably to 1.1.x).

Before starting the migration, I used CloneZilla to make a mirror of the hard drive so it was easy to revert and start from the beginning.

This time I will do all testing on a separate server and move to the live site when finished avoiding downtime for the website.

It seemed that all files in the root folder of the website was owned by root and not www-data.

It is clear that the thirty bees migration module does not a proper job to check permissions before if gives "green light" to start the migration.

I have now done:

Before starting for the second time, I did change ownership of all files and directories to www-data 

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/myshop 
and then:

find . -type f -exec chmod 0644 {} +

find . -type d -exec chmod 0755 {} +

After doing the above, the migration was sucessfull.

Edited by Petter
typo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good day. I recently started learning C #. I can already do some things. I decided to write a program that will prompt the user to guess the number. Need c# assignment help with this program. The program starts in principle. It seems to me that I have not confused anything here. Everything should work. But after starting the program, an error appears. Please advise who I can contact to show my program and fix bugs. Thank you all in advance.

Edited by hojoos