thirty bees forum

Barcode Issue is there a simple fix

The Pellet Guy

Question

I have recently added barcodes for all products to genrally make life easier all round,

however, I have hit a snag

When I go into orders / create new order' I scan a product and it always loads the default product when combinations are present which is kinda strange as the correct barcode numbers are loaded and visable on the screen, sure you can use the drop down to select the correct product but that would make the scanner a slower option.

In the image below in the search for products box  the EAN code is for the item weighing 0.8g  yet its loaded and when added adds the default 0.5g

Anyone have any thoughts on this? obviously you have to have a default or at least a starting point for customers to place orders  this just seems a bit wierd that you scan a specific product code and it loads something else

image.thumb.png.fac9371dfb13856b8ab1e64c47b10a2f.png

2 answers to this question

I have never tried it with a barcode, but the normal search is broken in some way. it rarely happens, but sometimes it search the product and shorty after reloads the whole list. Tbh I don't think this to cases are related. In your case this feature is probably just missing. I guess nobody thought on an EAN search like that - even tough it makes sense 🙂

I could imagine that it fails for reference too. But I haven't tested anything...

29 minutes ago, wakabayashi said:

I have never tried it with a barcode, but the normal search is broken in some way. it rarely happens, but sometimes it search the product and shorty after reloads the whole list. Tbh I don't think this to cases are related. In your case this feature is probably just missing. I guess nobody thought on an EAN search like that - even tough it makes sense 🙂

I could imagine that it fails for reference too. But I haven't tested anything...

Working with barcodes just plain speeds everything adding stock via a POS is crazy fast especially when you are dealing with lots of small items  like I do

I can work around it using a POS  but Rockpos although worked to a point it throws up too many errors that are outside of my ability to fix and the entire site works correctly when rockpos is uninstalled,  

TPV Tienda or POSTPV which its now known as works with less errors and the scanner scans correctly however I need again some DEV assistance nailing the few issues i have with that,  and that was the reason I thought I would use the add sale from orders page for walk in customers, im kind of stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea here