thirty bees forum

Community theme update

Havouza

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would need to create a new installer for the theme, but that could work. You can also cherry pick, like if you know you have edited the global.css file you can just grab the updates from it, there has not been too much added, https://github.com/thirtybees/community-theme-default/commits/1.0.x/css/global.css

@Havouza said in Community theme update:

but if I copy the theme folder, rename it and upload it again as another theme? Will that work

@lesley said in Community theme update:

You would need to create a new installer for the theme, but that could work.

Wouldn't this work?

1. Create a copy of the theme folder with a new folder name.
  2. Go to the back office (Preferences --> Themes) and choose "add a new theme"
  3. Choose "Create a new theme"
  4. Give the new theme a name and set the theme directory name to be the what was created in #1 above.

I think this is how it was done in PS 1.6, no? Did something change?

The PS modell tp clone a theme is NOT a good idea. ou will end up with a LOT of work if you do. changed settings, enabled and disabled modules etc etc. I have done all that now so I hope the changes I have made to the theme is now protected when updating to 1.0.2

I just tried to update the theme but I get a "Bad Configuration File" error when I try.

I have tried uploading the zip file in the back end and also tried SFTP on Cloudways. (which I am new to)

I think I see my problem. I uploaded a 3rd party free theme and it works fine. The 3rd party theme has a modules folder, a themes folder, and a separate Config file.

The community theme default just has a folder called "community-theme-default-1.0.1" with no separate config file.

I wasn't aware that the community theme cannot be installed using the "add a theme" in the backend. I'll just hold off updating the community theme for now.