thirty bees forum

Paypal Checkout Forbidden

TJandL

Question

Hi there,

I have recently moved from prestashop, and I must say I am very impressed with thirty bees so far. I wish i knew of it's existence sooner 😅

Unfortunately, I'm having a problem with the checkout page showing "Forbidden" and not loading the payment form.

This problem goes away when I disable "Website Payments Plus" from within the PayPal plugin. However, this means that users must leave the website to go to paypal to complete payment, which I really don't like. I want it to be how presta checkout works.

Checkout_Forbidden.thumb.png.27edbf7eee84a70e67b140a3e4259a4d.pngCheckout_Forbidden_log.thumb.png.c0ff715684157c2a0f5684cdcedf1fa3.png

My website has a valid SSL certificate.

I really need this working again as our website is supposed to launch very soon, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note - are there any other free payment gateway options that allow payment without leaving our website and is able to pay out funds to our bank account the same day (like paypal) - Stripe wouldn't be suitable, as it takes something like 5 days for them to process payment and pay it out to a bank account.

Many Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Hi, and welcome aboard

We like the fact that our customers are sent to PayPal / Stripe to enter their details, means we do not have to be PCI compliant with our servers

I seem to remember that the TB Paypal module is not compliant with the UK version of 'website payment plus' - just the european version  so are you UK based?

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

PCI compliance isn't an issue for us. And yes, I am UK based.

However, I really don't like the idea of the user being shipped to another website to complete their transaction. I just want the standard way of PayPal's API handling the transaction on my website for me - it works fine on prestashop - and this could be a deal-breaker, sadly.

If anyone has a way of fixing this, or any other ideas on achieving payment processing without the user leaving the website, that doesn't include hefty fees, upfront payments, and immediate bank payout, then I'd love to hear it.

I tried installing the official prestashop checkout plugins, as I thought thirty bees was supposed to be compatible with all prestashop plugins. However, It just crashed my site with a 500 error.

Many thanks 😊