thirty bees forum

Email Doesn't Work

Naldinho

I asked this in Technical Help last week and got no responses so maybe get something here,

I can't set my store to use SMTP email -- when I set it and send a test email it works and no matter how many times I press save when I come back the settings have changed to php mail().

If I could get it to stay SMTP I think that would fix the issue since the test email works but I can't -- can someone tell me why?

Since I can't get 30 Bees to change this setting I was thinking that I could manually edit the database to change the setting. Can someone tell me what the value and where in the database this setting is saved. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 9:49 PM, nickz said:

is the server mail set up?

If yes try to send a test mail. Scripts are all over the internet.

I don't know what you mean by server mail -- I am not running my own mail server but rather the email is handled by Office365. 

I enter the Office365 settings and press send a test email -- everything works fine.

I then leave the settings area and do anything in the store and when I return to the email settings they have changed from using SMTP to using php mail.

This is not an issue with my email server. The problem is with the store and for some reason it will not change the settings of how the store handles email permanently.

My assumption is that the email works fine when I change the settings because the store is using the settings that I just set. When I leave that page and return the store pulls the settings from the database and they are the wrong settings. As such what is broken is the Save button in the email settings page of by thirtybees store.

Since this doesn't seem to be a common problem I have to assume it is something wrong with my store -- possibly some kind of corruption occurred that makes it so tat whatever table the email settings are saved in either is missing or corrupted. 

What I am hoping to do this weekend is to manually change the setting in the database. The actual sending of email mechanism works fine as long as the settings were just entered. The problem is the store lacks email setting permanence.  

What I need from either support or someone in the community is some direction on the structure of the thirtybees database -- basically what table is the email settings stored in and anything else I might need to know. Rather than trying to figure out why changing the settings is not resulting in the changes being permanent I figured this isn't a setting that needs to be changed often so I'm just going to try to do it manually. 

38 minutes ago, Naldinho said:

I don't know what you mean by server mail -- I am not running my own mail server but rather the email is handled by Office365. 

I enter the Office365 settings and press send a test email -- everything works fine.

I then leave the settings area and do anything in the store and when I return to the email settings they have changed from using SMTP to using php mail.

Hello,

My two cents: 

Are you sure it's not because you have some sort of cache activated ? (value would be correctly updated in database... but display would not be refreshed)

I would suggest to turn off all cache (under Advanced Parameters > Performance >SERVER SIDE CACHING > Use cache : NO) just before.

Related setting in database is in table "tb_configuration", entry with name = "PS_MAIL_METHOD" with value....

PS_MAIL_METHOD = 1 (for mail())

PS_MAIL_METHOD = 2 (for SMTP)

PS_MAIL_METHOD = 3 (no mail)

Edited by popolon
correction

On 5/21/2021 at 11:30 AM, Naldinho said:

a server is a bundle of various services

For an Email to work you need internally set up an Email. Do you use Cpanel or en alternative control panel ?