thirty bees forum

How to enable PDF customer uploads

Baldy

Hi all,

I've recently discovered thirtybees and looking to use the software for my small online print shop.

However, my customers need to be able to upload pdf and svg files as well as jpeg's for their orders. (currently only png, jpeg and gif are allowed)

Could somebody please point me in the right direction to where I need to go to edit settings in order to enable pdf/svg customer file uploads and disable gifs?

I've had a look around online, and on the documentation site (although the search function doesn't appear to work...for me at least), with little joy.

Any help would be much appreciated.

15 minutes ago, Traumflug said:

Back office -> Catalog -> Products -> (click product) -> Customization.

Enter the number of file uploads you want and save. Then go there again to edit decoration.

Thanks for the quick reply Markus.

I already have the file upload field added to the test product page, however it only allows jpg, gif and png files to be uploaded.

It's the location of the settings for defining the allowed file extensions I'm looking for in order to change it to jpg, jpeg, pdf and svg.

Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 12-29-47 10oz Mugs - Print Shop.png

1 hour ago, Baldy said:

I've had a look around online, and on the documentation site (although the search function doesn't appear to work...for me at least), with little joy.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello, and welcome :)

As Thirtybees is a fork of prestashop 1.6, sometimes is useful to search for example "prestashop pdf file upload". It seems you have to make an override in order to accept PDF uploads:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39925327/prestashop-allow-customers-to-upload-pdf-ai-and-eps-files-as-product-customiza

We are using a (paid) module from FME that adds a file uploader and let you manage files from the BO. It's pretty complete, and the support was fine too. You can upload multiple files, a feature really needed:

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/additional-information-product-tab/21373-file-upload-by-customer-from-product-cart-checkout.html

• Like 2