thirty bees forum

Errors in backend?

bhtoys

Question

8 answers to this question

4 hours ago, bhtoys said:

Haven't updated anything, yet I get 500 errors when I try to access logs, or check for duplicate urls.
Debug mode is on, but not working... 

As always -- when there is 500 error code, you have to look into your server's error log to see what is the root cause. The error message will be either inside your apache/nginx error log (not access log), or in /logs/ directory in your thirtybees installation. Check both locations

When I check the logs, this is the only error I see. 

*ERROR*     2021/09/05 - 23:15:45: Unable to load template 'file:controllers/logs/employee_field.tpl' at line 185 in file vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php

I'm not sure where the Apache logs are. However, when I click LOGs in the backend, it now works?

Talked to my hosting company, who are apparently idiots, and they just want to log into my Wordpress section of my site and ignore Thirtybees....????

Edited by bhtoys

The file is there, and I've already used core updater prior to this. Was hoping it would fix the issue. 

I didn't allow it to update the themes however since I've altered them...

I'm still on 1.1, would updating to 1.2 solve this? And, will it mess up any of my current site or add ons?

Edited by bhtoys

That's strange. There are few possible reasons for this, none of them very likely

• the file is not readable -- check file permissions
  • the smarty context is misconfigured -- maybe some module changed include path to different location... very unlikely

I don't think update to 1.2 would solve this,... but of course it may 🙂I wouldn't worry about modules compatibility, they should work as fine on 1.2 as on 1.1

On 9/9/2021 at 2:48 AM, datakick said:

That's strange. There are few possible reasons for this, none of them very likely

• the file is not readable -- check file permissions
  • the smarty context is misconfigured -- maybe some module changed include path to different location... very unlikely

I don't think update to 1.2 would solve this,... but of course it may 🙂I wouldn't worry about modules compatibility, they should work as fine on 1.2 as on 1.1

Sorry to bring up an old post. But this has happened again. 
I can't access the Duplicate URLS link in the backend.
500 error. 

When I try to repeat these steps from before, I get an error message saying " please update core updater module "

This, combined with me being unable to use Freindly URLs is making using ThirtyBees frustratingly impossible. 

On 3/25/2022 at 6:31 PM, bhtoys said:

Sorry to bring up an old post. But this has happened again. 
I can't access the Duplicate URLS link in the backend.
500 error. 

When I try to repeat these steps from before, I get an error message saying " please update core updater module "

This, combined with me being unable to use Freindly URLs is making using ThirtyBees frustratingly impossible. 

there should be some reason for that, your hosting cie changed parameters or you are running out of space, or memory while trying to use TB now... you need to debug it first and optimize your hosting config : php.ini mostly.