thirty bees forum

Automating order setup (via API call?)

holybladder

Question

Hi folks, this might be a dumb question but I've searched the forums and Googled, and the developer's guide just seems to be mostly a giant list of classes (is there a user-friendly dev guide out there somewhere I'm missing?) - is it possible to set up an order "automatically" from the outside, I.E. send a user from an external webpage to the shop and their order is all set up for them in the cart? I've got some complicated customisable bundles (subscriptions) I want to sell and if possible I want to build an external page that takes them through step by step choosing the elements and then shoots them over to the shop to check it out.

6 answers to this question

It will be a little bit complicated to make this kind of integration work, though.

Yes, you can use webservice to prepare a new cart. This one is quite simple. The problem will be with redirecting user to your store and associating this newly created cart to their session. 

There is a mechanism in place that allows you to recover cart by passing query parameters recover_cart=<cartId> and token_cart=<secret>. The problem is with the <secret> - that is based on _COOKIE_KEY_ constant, and it's not the best idea to share this information with third party store.

For those interested, the value of <secret>=md5(_COOKIE_KEY_.'recover_cart_'.<cartId>), if anyone is interested

That's correct, this is very sensitive information.

This mechanism not only recover and associate the cart with your session, but also authenticate the user -- if the cart belongs to some customer, you would be logged in as this customer. This could be quite dangerous -- anyone who knows cookie key can log in as anybody.