thirty bees forum

Customers passwords not working after importing customers database via phpMyAdmin from Prestashop 1.6.1.24 to Thirtybees

papagino

Hey guys, I currently have a Prestashop 1.6.1.24 on one Hosting company and have created a new Thirtybees shop on another Hosting Company where I want to move my shop.

I tried the Thirtybees migration tools but this didn't work and crashed my shop, so I had to restore Prestashop from a backup and this shop is still live as I am working on the new Thirtybees shop where I am using phpMyAdmin tool to move some of the database from Prestashop to Thirtybees.

My current Prestashop store is with .com and the Thirtybees is a .ca URL.

I have used phpMyAdmin from my Prestashop Hosting company to export some of the tables needed and then did a import via phpMyAdmin from the Thirtybees hosting company for those tables (Drop tables/import/rename tables from ps_... to tbfz_....

The problem I have now is the customers passwords no longer work, even if I go and change the passwords manually in the Thirtybees backoffice (in Maintenance Mode).

I also tried creating a new customer with email and password from the Thirtybees shop, and I cannot logging using the password from the account I just created.

Password reset also won't work.

I'm guessing that this has something to do with the Password encoding/encryption  that is not working from maybe a table I have imported from Prestashop to Thirtybees or maybe an encryption key in settings.inc.php file or something...

Everything else is working so far for the tables I have imported from Prestshop (Sales, Inventory, Customers Data...)

Any ideas what could cause this problem.

Thanks

Dan

Edited by papagino

Both.

Database schema is different in thirty bees. In this case, what causes problems is column passwd in table tb_customer - it should be of type varchar(60), in ps16 this is varchar(32), I believe. You need to alter the database column, otherwise thirty bees won't be able to properly store hashed passwords into the database. I recommend you use 'core updater' module for this. There is 'Database Schema' comparator/corrector tool. It should display all discrepancies, and allows you to fix it as well. 

Once you have fixed the database schema, you should be able to change customer passwords from back office, and then be able to log in using these passwords.

In order to recover ps16 passwords, you will have to use the same _COOKIE_KEY_ you used in ps16 installation. Edit config/settings.inc.php, and change value of 

define('_COOKIE_KEY_', 'value copied from your ps16 installation');

That should do the trick.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, datakick said:

Both.

Database schema is different in thirty bees. In this case, what causes problems is column passwd in table tb_customer - it should be of type varchar(60), in ps16 this is varchar(32), I believe. You need to alter the database column, otherwise thirty bees won't be able to properly store hashed passwords into the database. I recommend you use 'core updater' module for this. There is 'Database Schema' comparator/corrector tool. It should display all discrepancies, and allows you to fix it as well. 

Once you have fixed the database schema, you should be able to change customer passwords from back office, and then be able to log in using these passwords.

In order to recover ps16 passwords, you will have to use the same _COOKIE_KEY_ you used in ps16 installation. Edit config/settings.inc.php, and change value of 

define('_COOKIE_KEY_', 'value copied from your ps16 installation');

That should do the trick.

Thank you so much, this did the trick.

Also, I didn't know about the tool in Core Updater to fix problems with database schema...

Cheers

Dan