thirty bees forum

Stock Management

rand0m

Hi,

so first of all I'm super excited about this project and really glad that someone finally did this.

When I read the post on the nemops blog I saw that he mentioned the advanced stock management. We started to use it in PS 1-2 months ago and in my opinion it is really impracticable and lacks a lot of features that were actually requested 2-3 years ago! The main features that we were missing are the following:

• a proper way of importing/merging your products to the advanced stock management system

• the possibility of setting a threshold for every product, so that you can place a supply order easily

So we actually developed two modules that are now functional, but you have to override the supply order controller for that and there is still a lot of room for improvement. I think that these features would be quite handy for a lot of people and they aren't that hard to implement, especially because one can use already implemented methods to do that.

I would be glad to help out if I can, but I haven't found any information regarding the plans for the advanced stock management. I know that the developers are focusing on other aspects for now, and I think that they are right in doing so, but if there are already plans I would be thankful if someone could share them.

I actually think that it would be worth it to redesign parts of the system, because some menus like the stock prediction are pretty useless.

Thanks in advance :)

• 4 weeks later...

This is due to the fundamental flaw in PSs data model, where they for some weird reason opted to not use the database to maintain any integrity, but instead chose a hodgepodge of buggy PHP. There is a branch on github that is working on adding foreign key constraints, and once that is done, there will be plenty of opportunities to make things work as they should.

• 2 months later...