thirty bees forum

I need help with my virtual products upload size and location. Can I change the limits and location?

officerat

I sell virtual products on my website https://officerat.store and right now I am using text documents with a link to nextcloud storage to deliver the digital goods to customers.

The upload max size is max 8MB and I can not upload my products directly to the store and also the other issue is that the store is located in appdata 2TB NVME on my server on the cache drive and I would want to increase 

the upload size to 6 GB and also have the products uploaded stored on my array or on an SSD dedicated to the store only. Can I change upload size? Can I change storage location? At least size would be of big help and I could relocate my appdata to a more appropriate

location for products to be stored. Is there a way to even enter a link so I don't have to upload just plain text documents with a link in the products place? I can't meter how many times they download the products unless I can upload them directly to the store.

Edited by officerat

I believe the upload size is governed by your php settings: https://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.upload-max-filesize

Regarding the download location: you can try to change constant _PS_DOWNLOAD_DIR_

To do that, create file (if it not exists yet) /config/defines_custom.inc.php and add this 

<?php

if (!defined('_PS_DOWNLOAD_DIR_')) {
    define('_PS_DOWNLOAD_DIR_', ');
}

You will have to move all files from /download/ directory to the new location. And hope it will work 🙂

The file exists, So what about the php settings for size? Which file do I modify to change those settings? And for

download location would they also upload to that new directory in the future or do I need to move the files there everytime?

What format should the location be in? mnt/user/share ?

The file exists, So what about the php settings for size? Which file do I modify to change those settings? And for

download location would they also upload to that new directory in the future or do I need to move the files there everytime?

What format should the location be in? mnt/user/share ?

----------------------------Partway to my solution-------------------------------------------->

Ok, I got part of this request solved. I managaged to change the file upload size in the gui under settings, but not before I set the php-local.ini file.

After I modified it I was allowed to save the settings in Administration -----> Preferences. I set mine to 16GB however if I wanted it to work of course it only accepts the size in M for MB not G for GB or it won't work. Convert as u see fit I converted online. As you can see it saved.

allow_url_fopen = 1
allow_url_include = 0
post_max_size = 16384M
max_input_vars = 10000
upload_max_filesize = 16384M
expose_php = Off

I am not sure I want to change the location anymore I have 1TB connected to my nextcloud instance right now and only 200GB of disk is being used for the home of roughly 40 products I have the option of using up to 5TB of NVME storage if I switch some things around and use the mover on UNRAID to move the files to a larger pool. I am going to put the location on the backburner for a while untill I fill this NVME drive, I have just been thinking it might affect a disk so that won't go into standby mode if its on a disk on the array its going to be some testing to see, possibly SSD space is the best solution, and I can always buy a bigger ssd and just plug it in my nextcloud, storage for that it runs on a removable NVME USB enclosure, the rest of the 5 TB is mounted on the motherboard and one PCIE slot but I have another slot for this if I get an extender because my two new graphics cards are blocking the PCIE connector. This is a deluxe custom media and webhosting server which I built at the expense of $8000 in parts just 9 months ago with 10 bays and 66TB and another empty 5 bays for more disks and I am already seeing savings in all the services its providing that I'm no longer stuck paying for. Of course I had to go with all new parts and new seagate Exos 18 TB disks I have some red Plus WD in there too. One of my NVME was fricken $260 and each videocard was 550 and 400. It adds up fast but as you can imagine the performance is just insane. Especially with UNRAID 6.10.3 which I have special updatable lifetime licence available at my store for only $20 unlimited drives. Fully unlocked. https://officerat.store/index.php?id_product=37&controller=product&id_lang=1

148764093_php.inisettingsMaxuploadfilesizevirtualproducts.thumb.png.3d63a78bd8af311d3edd8bcd71628034.png

server2.jpg.1f2750140c7319163b2a0968519c8c70.jpg20220625_111423.thumb.jpg.b9f8c17c2a007de6bcdd12ee50f1f7c8.jpg20220625_112051.thumb.jpg.aed66a16c6f9447103f40f59f1caf05e.jpg

Edited by officerat

It didn't work the store won't load at all. With this entry the store doesnt open.

Regarding the download location: you can try to change constant _PS_DOWNLOAD_DIR_

To do that, create file (if it not exists yet) /config/defines_custom.inc.php and add this 

<?php

if (!defined('_PS_DOWNLOAD_DIR_')) {
    define('_PS_DOWNLOAD_DIR_', ');
}

Error: ×Download repository is not writable.

<?php

if (! defined('_PS_MODE_DEV_')) {
    define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);
}

if (! defined('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_')) {
    define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', false);
}

if (! defined('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_')) {
    define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);
}

define('_PS_DOWNLOAD_DIR_', '/mnt/user/officerat/download');

Edited by officerat