thirty bees forum

Error installing No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA module

Dolfijn

Question

Unfortunately, i suddenly have a severe amount of spam. It makes the TB shop more or less useless. I receive several emails per minute. All by using the contact form. So, I tried installing the No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA module.

I can configure the keys and the other settings but when I hit 'save', I get the error message "public_html/override/override/controllers/front) not writable ". What I find suspicious is the double override/override directory structure. It (obviously?) doesn't exist. Also, all settings are persistent except the contact form setting. I discovered that the installer wants to write the file "ContactController.php" to this path (which is not there).

If I create the missing directory, the installation error disappears, but the captcha procedure at the contact form is just ignored (but visible and also seems to work, but it just is not necessary - you can skip it while sending an email). But the recaptcha procedure is in working order at other places then the contact form (for example at customer login - also you can't skip it there).

I'm running TB version 1.1.x

I uploaded the module form this link: https://thirtybees.com/blog/recaptcha-and-spam/

Hope somebody can give me some hints!

2 answers to this question

If you're not using the latest version of the module please download it from here: https://github.com/thirtybees/nocaptcharecaptcha

Prior versions had this issue when you set 0 login attempts in it to skip the contact form checkbox. This was fixed in later versions.

Also I recommend those settings (no spam as of now):

image.png.f3d029b41090389a594ac10ab7bcdd10.png And all the rest to the bottom on YES.

An older version also had this bug where it did not delete it's overwrites and it did show an error related to it. Also if you have a overwrite with the same name already active you have to merge it manually. Or if you had the other recaptcha module (from PS) you need to delete it completely before installing this one (which is better!).

Edited by the.rampage.rado