thirty bees forum

Importing Products and Combinations with csv's

alwayspaws

Question

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thank you. That looks great! I think I completely misunderstood something. I thought I did not have to type in all those combinations manually. I thought the .csv would create them automatically. Is this right or wrong?

I had trouble incrementing the numbers with a dash in openoffice calc, but it works in MS Excel for Mac. One thing is going right!

@alwayspaws No the csv file will not create the combinations automatically, you need to enter them yourself but it really doesn't take long as you can drag the cells down to copy of lot of it and use copy/paste or find/replace where you have to.

In openoffice you need to create two references and then drag the columns down and then it will automatically carry on the sequence.

eg, enter

1000-1 1000-2

then highlight both cells and drag them down

@alwayspaws What I do is put all the sizes in first with a semi colon such as this:

small; medium; large;

copy and paste those all the way down (7 times if you have 7 different colours) then you just need to add the colours after the semi colon. That way you could do 100 combinations in about a minute.

@spidawebs I created a new csv with products and combinations info together. Everything went well until I tried to import and match up the combinations fields.

These are the available fields in my admin: https://www.alwayspaws.com/images/available-fields-for-combinations-csv-import.jpg

The combinations column headers are not available as shown here:

https://www.alwayspaws.com/images/combinations-import-column-headers-not-there.jpg Separate question: Also, regarding the products import screenshot, you have "force all ID numbers" as yes. Do I need to do this?

Thanks so much. (I'm sorry but I don't see where to add hyperlinks to my sentences). I'm using PS 1.6.1.11 now.

@alwayspaws You need to do two imports. Firstly one for products. Match up all the columns required for new products and select ignore if they are relating to combinations. Then do another import for the combinations, this time select all the columns related to the combinations and ignore the ones related to new products. Once I have the fields all match I save each one (one for new products, one for combinations) so I don't have to keep manually selecting the headers everytime I do an import.

Yes, you need to force all ID numbers so they import as in your spreadsheet. Otherwise PS may generate different ones and nothing will match up.

@spidawebs Hi! I didn't disappear.

I perfectly (afaik) formatted my product and combinations spreadsheet from all the instructions and screenshots you provided, for only one item.

I've been trying for two days to upload my product csv but have been having the "500 - Internal Server Error" and have been in touch with my host who did this: "increased the maximum execution time and the PHP memory limit to the maximum value allowed to see if this makes any difference". It did not make any difference, so I contacted them again and gave them the screenshot of the errors.

I also researched it on the PS Forums:

500 Internal Server Error on CSV Import

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/151212-500-internal-server-error-on-csv-import/page-2?hl=+500%20+internal%20+server%20+error

The reply and fix for them was: "In Performance change cache option. There are two options. Don't cache every change in files."

I did all the following and still am getting the 500 Internal Server Error:

Template compilation is set to "recompile templates if the files have been updated".

Turned off SMARTY cache.

All CCC is set to NO.

Bottom of Performance screen: Caching - use cache - I set it to NO.

I turned Apache optimization off.

Tried a different browser.

No change. I'm posting this in the PS Forum in hopes they have an answer.

As soon as I have success, I'll let you know. I appreciate your help very much!

I can't see where to change it but here is what it shows. Way below what you have!

Server information Linux #12 SMP Wed Sep 28 11:31:36 EEST 2016 x86_64

Server software version Apache

PHP version 7.0.16

Memory limit 768M

Max execution time 120

I want to change this!

Also on that page:

CHECK YOUR CONFIGURATION Required parameters OK Optional parameters OK

LIST OF CHANGED FILES - this may be because I changed hosts two months ago:

Changed/missing files have been detected. Missing files (977)

adminQy7e=WJ/ajax-tab.php adminQy7e=WJ/ajax.php adminQy7e=WJ/ajaxproductslist.php adminQy7e=WJ/backup.php adminQy7e=WJ/croncurrencyrates.php adminQy7e=WJ/displayImage.php adminQy7e=WJ/drawer.php adminQy7e=WJ/footer.inc.php adminQy7e=WJ/functions.php

Do you have to upload images to your server before you can put them in messages here? I wanted to include the screenshot.

I'm researching: "change server information in prestashop 1.6 admin" and"change server information in prestashop 1.6". I'm getting nowhere fast.

I need to leave for a bit (even though I don't want to!) but FYI I use sublime and know how to edit .tpl files, etc.