thirty bees forum

Time for a Blogs Structure update?

Mark

Blogs are ok but seem to really need a better framework to contain/manage them.

The Blog section is just one blog after the other and they cant be organised. Users should be able to see the blogs organised properly, by category of blog type or by category of product type, or by date, author etc. and with a search function within the blog section for blog content. Probably the main search function should search blog content as well as product data and display results by product and blog content in seperate sections on the results display. This could be optional though as not everyone would want that.

The should have better commenting and comment management too. there's only disqus, but really there should be other social commenting as well.

Thoughts on this? Any other ideas?

Edited by Mark

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Blogs are ok but seem to really need a better framework to contain/manage them.

The Blog section is just one blog after the other and they cant be organised. Users should be able to see the blogs organised properly, by category of blog type or by category of product type, or by date, author etc. and with a search function within the blog section for blog content. Probably the main search function should search blog content as well as product data and display results by product and blog content in seperate sections on the results display. This could be optional though as not everyone would want that.

The should have better commenting and comment management too. there's only disqus, but really there should be other social commenting as well.

Thoughts on this? Any other ideas?

Seems they tend to go hand-in-hand with a theme, for styling and such. The whole front-end needs that overall out of the box package redone by someone who understands themes can make the whole standard TB experience much more rich. That person is not me. 😉

1 hour ago, x97wehner said:

Seems they tend to go hand-in-hand with a theme, for styling and such. The whole front-end needs that overall out of the box package redone by someone who understands themes can make the whole standard TB experience much more rich. That person is not me. 😉

Not me either 🙂 I suspect some of what I mentioned is back end and some will be theme, you are quite right.

• Like 1