thirty bees forum

Datakickmodule doesn't trigger Product Update hook?

Beeta

Question

Hello,

I'm using @datakick module to update products.

Import from different xmls to create new items, update existing, create new manufacturers ecc...

I'm using involic prestabay to sync with ebay and when I asked to them why new products are not automatically sent to ebay they reply that prestabay listen to "Product Update hooks".

What hooks DataKick module use when import new or update products?

2 answers to this question

That's correct, datakick module does not trigger any object model hooks. It does not work with object models, but directly modifying data in database. That way, it can manage to import/update data very fast. The drawback is the limited interoperability with other modules, like in this case.

It is similar to direct data modification using phpmyadmin -- when you change data that way, hooks are not triggered as well.

Have you any hints on how to trigger the hooks? For example. I have a CSV or xml with a list of them. Maybe I can use a script that read the references on my lists and trigger the update hook for them?

When you have some spare time how about add a switch in the datakick module which trigger the update/create hook per job basis?