thirty bees forum

Guest Check To Customer.

Ajay

Question

I use guest checkout mostly.  After they checkout I go into "manage customer" and hit the button to "turn into customer".  It also states that the program will generate a password and send an email.  The email works and the password in the email is not readable and looks like this "*******" so the customer cannot see or use the password.

Is there anyway that I can get the password to be seen in the email.   I must be missing something that makes it viewable.  Or does anyone know a fix for this problem.

Thanks..  Any help would be appreciated.

5 answers to this question

datakick,

Thank you very much for your assistance.   I copied the entire Customer.php  file and replaced it.  I am still getting the **** in the emails?

I copied and replaced from this link  https://github.com/thirtybees/thirtybees/blob/875140ecf60e85095a8ef7be3334ade2592a09c2/classes/Customer.php#L987-L1031

What is this link 875140e?  Do I need to also replace this file?  I don't use facebook on this site.

What am I doing wrong?

I also cleared the cache several times.

Edited by Ajay

On 12/16/2022 at 8:36 AM, Ajay said:

I must be missing something that makes it viewable.  Or does anyone know a fix for this problem.

It would be enough not to use the guest account option and let your visitors create their customer account by filling in their password themselves.

I never understood the existence of this option since the only difference is simply that the visitor will not choose a password, but will have to fill in all the other fields of the form each time he makes an order.

Moreover, this option is problematic in the GDPR because it does not allow the customer to have the means to act on his own personal data.