thirty bees forum

CSV import with Scandinavian letters broken since TB1.4

312erik123

Question

Hello,

I upgraded to TB1.4 and since then TB wont accept CSV-imports where I use scandinavian letter (åäö etc). This is quite the problem for me - anyone else expericened the same problem? Any solutions?

When looking at the CSV import page, fields with these characters arn't even being read...

Br.

Erik

Edited by 312erik123

10 answers to this question

No issues, not a single commit is reverted in probably one year. Few new minor features and many, many fixes and code improvements, plus as I said couple of security fixes.

EDIT: Just keep in mind one quirk in this update - email transport functionality was moved to a module. Nothing is changed but you have to install the module and configure your shop to use it. After update to currentedge there are couple of db fixes aswell. 😉 

Edited by the.rampage.rado

Just now, led24ee said:

First make sure that You use UTF-8 encoding, second there is difference between CSV formats in TB1.1 and 1.4 (I have no info about 1.2 and 1.3)

The strange this is that it only changes some of the characters:

image.png.6096040b666cdd2355fa2ae4486c1f64.png

Checked it on a prestashop site where the import works without any problems...

6 hours ago, led24ee said:

First make sure that You use UTF-8 encoding, second there is difference between CSV formats in TB1.1 and 1.4 (I have no info about 1.2 and 1.3)

Seems as it was the UTF-8 enconding - thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

• Like 1