thirty bees forum

Did Image Hover ever get implemented from Prestashop 1.6.x?

Obi

The title pretty much states my question, but for the sake of clarity. . .

Has the Image Hover feature that is/was available in Prestashop 1.6.x ever get "ported" over to Thirty Bees?

The last time I did a migration attempt, this feature was missing in TB1.3.

I began using the image hover capability for product display in my Prestashop 1.6 store for two different purposes and have been waiting for Thirty Bees to implement this feature before attempting another migration. My catalog has around 17,000 product records, most of which use custom "product templates" displayed in the "pa_content" container to give the products in any given range/group/category a more immersive and distinctly identifiable presentation. This was accomplished primarily thanks to Panda Theme v1.2.

Previous migration efforts proved to be a touch more complex than anticipated, and while a migration was ultimately successful, it was not stable. The Panda theme used (1.4 IIRC) did not work as it should with the most difficult to correct being the image display along with a few other elements did not work reliably (their change of the style class names between versions made the old css unusable which required a rewrite of 2000 lines of css code) but even then, the unstable display of images (sometimes would display correct, sometimes not) ultimately forced me to abandon that migration. I've since decided I am willing to revisit this issue without using Panda going forward, and may be willing to discard some of the highly customized and unique overall presentation of the current site if necessary, but I refuse to give up what I consider to be basic features that afford better user, customer service/interaction, and administration functionality to my site because of "upgrades". (I also use a few modules that I have since ported to run under TB.)

To illustrate the unique nature of the site and why this is such a difficult move for me (because I am losing so much in the visual sphere): (home page)

image.thumb.png.712d2ff0d06d7ccd6895272812c4e2b9.png

Product Listing Page (pre-hover):

image.thumb.png.2ec8cf4cddc52f493c9cc05f83efe442.png

Product Listing Page (post hover):

image.thumb.png.5e0f49aa960c6d6c0eb8e51468f18cf5.png

Product Page (above fold):

image.thumb.png.a97176c83e7278251540cc637542da80.png

image.thumb.png.2abf59db35e4119670384f19ffb79fd0.png

Product Page (below fold):

image.thumb.png.34b8269620456c80d23b81c5693c07c4.png

image.thumb.png.c6cdcdb46031447d5709999cfb71e15c.png

Photo to illustrate the UI of the backoffice implementation of the hover feature:

image.png.7add27e37204ae412827994fa44a934b.png

• Like 1

Nice looking site!

(note to self - have to go into toys market!) 😄 😄 😄

Regarding the appearance - I believe with some small modifications and couple of lines of CSS the majority of this could be achieved with any TB native theme.

Regarding the hover image - nope, I'm afraid this is new for me, even that I come to TB from PS1.5. Hover is always the second image in the list so if you can you can rearrange the images as you wish.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2023 at 8:07 PM, Obi said:

The title pretty much states my question, but for the sake of clarity. . .

Has the Image Hover feature that is/was available in Prestashop 1.6.x ever get "ported" over to Thirty Bees?

The last time I did a migration attempt, this feature was missing in TB1.3.

I began using the image hover capability for product display in my Prestashop 1.6 store for two different purposes and have been waiting for Thirty Bees to implement this feature before attempting another migration. My catalog has around 17,000 product records, most of which use custom "product templates" displayed in the "pa_content" container to give the products in any given range/group/category a more immersive and distinctly identifiable presentation. This was accomplished primarily thanks to Panda Theme v1.2.

Previous migration efforts proved to be a touch more complex than anticipated, and while a migration was ultimately successful, it was not stable. The Panda theme used (1.4 IIRC) did not work as it should with the most difficult to correct being the image display along with a few other elements did not work reliably (their change of the style class names between versions made the old css unusable which required a rewrite of 2000 lines of css code) but even then, the unstable display of images (sometimes would display correct, sometimes not) ultimately forced me to abandon that migration. I've since decided I am willing to revisit this issue without using Panda going forward, and may be willing to discard some of the highly customized and unique overall presentation of the current site if necessary, but I refuse to give up what I consider to be basic features that afford better user, customer service/interaction, and administration functionality to my site because of "upgrades". (I also use a few modules that I have since ported to run under TB.)

To illustrate the unique nature of the site and why this is such a difficult move for me (because I am losing so much in the visual sphere): (home page)

image.thumb.png.712d2ff0d06d7ccd6895272812c4e2b9.png

Product Listing Page (pre-hover):

image.thumb.png.2ec8cf4cddc52f493c9cc05f83efe442.png

Product Listing Page (post hover):

image.thumb.png.5e0f49aa960c6d6c0eb8e51468f18cf5.png

Product Page (above fold):

image.thumb.png.a97176c83e7278251540cc637542da80.png

image.thumb.png.2abf59db35e4119670384f19ffb79fd0.png

Product Page (below fold):

image.thumb.png.34b8269620456c80d23b81c5693c07c4.png

image.thumb.png.c6cdcdb46031447d5709999cfb71e15c.png

Photo to illustrate the UI of the backoffice implementation of the hover feature:

image.png.7add27e37204ae412827994fa44a934b.png

Hi

I use Panda for ThirtyBees and I can confirm that the product hover effect works in ThirtyBees. Whether it's now a default thirtybees feature is another story. However, seeing that you're already using Panda, it will probably not be too much of a mission to migrate your site to ThirtyBees. Also, Panda has been patched several times for ThirtyBees, so grabbing the latest version of Panda, plus applying the patch in the directory is advised. 

Edited by Theo