thirty bees forum

Add crypto payment in my website

MaxStrax

Hello, I'm about to implement cryptos for an alternative payment option, apart from: Paypal, Wire transfer, credit card.

By now, I found the module called 'Custom Payment Methods', and it works well to add the extra payment methods I would like to add, but it lacks of customization options.

I would like to:

• Calculate the corresponding BTC amount to be sent to the specified wallet address, according to the price ($, €...) of the article.
  • To have a predefined time window, where the user have to send the coins. Once finished and if the user didn't paid yet, cancell the order, because it could fluctuate. (I can write my own script to check if it got paid or not, using HTTP GET) Anyway, if it's paid, I will still be the reponsable for accepting/proceeding with the order. I just want the order to be cancelled automatically if it's not paid within the given time window.

If there isn't a compatible module for TB 1.4, maybe modifying the TB database directly. But I would need to know what things are created/modified when an order is created, and not yet approved my the owner of the store.

Do you know anything about it?

Edited by MaxStrax

There are modules for accepting crypto, but they usually work with some provider using third party api.

If you want to implement crypto payments yourself, you can.

1) simply create custom currency (bitcoin, ethereum, etc), and set conversion rate (either manually, or via script). Then you can create custom payment method, and set currency restriction in a way that only this payment method can be used with crypto currency.

2) again, a lot of ways how to solve this. For example, my conseqs module can be used to change order status after some period of time. Or you can create simple cron script.

1 hour ago, MaxStrax said:

Thanks for the reply, and for the plugin

Most payment providers charge you extra, that is the same in Crypto. And why not?

Crypto friends such as myself would rather pay directly as it was intended in the Bitcoin Whitepaper.
As a payment form you just could over direct payment via your wallet. Always have one wallet to receive and one to saveguard.

That makes Crypto payments attractive. Frequently when paying over cryptoand a third party provider involved you pay more rather than less. 

5 bucks on $65 Payment hurts.

35 minutes ago, nickz said:

Most payment providers charge you extra, that is the same in Crypto. And why not?

Crypto friends such as myself would rather pay directly as it was intended in the Bitcoin Whitepaper.
As a payment form you just could over direct payment via your wallet. Always have one wallet to receive and one to saveguard.

That makes Crypto payments attractive. Frequently when paying over cryptoand a third party provider involved you pay more rather than less. 

5 bucks on $65 Payment hurts.

I agree that no intermediary service is required here too. I could manage the whole process by myself.

Edited by MaxStrax