thirty bees forum

How to make Datakick Data Manager import in a specific shop only?

Beeta

Question

Hello,

I created a secondary shop with multistore.
I "duplicate" the main one and when asked I didn't imported categories, supplier and products, and other "product's related" options; but I imported modules.

Now I noticed that the two shops are importing products, if I go in the secondary shop and change a configuration in the module Data Manager the changes are reflected to the main shop. I would like that the products get imported in the original shop (id 1) and not in the secondary (id 3) as is a totally different shop.

The shops are in different shop groups and I never enabled sharing stocks and orders beetween the two shop groups.

Is it possibile?

8 answers to this question

On 9/6/2023 at 11:39 AM, datakick said:

Yes, data import is not per store, but for all stores.

Ok thanks. So now I can stop to search for a missconfiguration and start to find a way to disable the products for the secondary shop every time the cron runs. ^_^

Do you have some hints on how to do it?
- Maybe scheduling a mass update asap after the products are imported that delete/disable products without a certain keyword in the reference name in a specific store?

or

- Harassing the "@datakick Manager" developer (do you know who is? 🙂) to implement per store imports? I'm not going this way as I think that it is a difficult feature to implement. 😉

I can see that in the secondary shop all the imported products are with stock not set in the backend "- -" (and displayed as out of stock in the frontend). I think that is because the supplier set from the import task not exists in the primary.

@datakick

I think that the issue is not about datakick manager. I can see that the secondary shop is diplaying products from categories not defined in it. how can be possibile?

Datakick manager set imported product to categories defined in the primary shop only. I'm not understanding why they are displayed in the BO of the secondary shop. The secondary is in a different shop group too.

Edited by Beeta

On 9/11/2023 at 6:02 PM, Beeta said:

@datakick

I think that the issue is not about datakick manager. I can see that the secondary shop is diplaying products from categories not defined in it. how can be possibile?

Datakick manager set imported product to categories defined in the primary shop only. I'm not understanding why they are displayed in the BO of the secondary shop. The secondary is in a different shop group too.

Instead it is:

I checked the DB and in the table

tb_product_shop

I can see the rows for shopid 1 and shopid 3 and I suspect is DKM adding them.

1. Can you suggest me what can I do to delete them from shopid3 asap after they are wrongly imported from Datakick Manager?
  2. I "just" need to delete the rows in tb_product_shop or are there other tables connected?
    2bis. Can I do it  within a massupdate of DataKick Manager so I can schedule it asap after the import?
  3. In the future do you think to update DataKick Manager to avoid this?

Thank you

On 9/14/2023 at 12:22 PM, Beeta said:

Instead it is:

I checked the DB and in the table

tb_product_shop

I can see the rows for shopid 1 and shopid 3 and I suspect is DKM adding them.

1. Can you suggest me what can I do to delete them from shopid3 asap after they are wrongly imported from Datakick Manager?
  2. I "just" need to delete the rows in tb_product_shop or are there other tables connected?
    2bis. Can I do it  within a massupdate of DataKick Manager so I can schedule it asap after the import?
  3. In the future do you think to update DataKick Manager to avoid this?

Thank you

I dug a little bit more searching the whole DB by product id.

I noticed that if multishop is active (example: 2 shops) for each product imported from DataKick Manager two rows are created in:

tb_product_shop
tb_image_shop
tb_layered_price_index

One row with id_shop 1 (the primary shop)
One row with id_shop 3 (the second shop)

I noticed too that i the product already exists and I manually disabled in the second shop after DataKick Manager process them again it re-enable them.

I would like to avoid this or at least delete those "duplicate" rows as soon as they are created because the second shop don't have to diplay items from the first, have you any hint?

Maybe I "solved" using Datakick manager it self.

I noticed that I can choose shop scope in mass updates jobs (but not on imports jobs) so I made one mass update that is going to run right after the new products import that disable products in the second shop if are not from a specific manufacturer.

I'm going to let it run for some days to check if can be an acceptable solution, otherways if @datakick is not interested in supporting multishop for importing jobs I think I need to try with MariaDB triggers.

1 hour ago, Beeta said:

Maybe I "solved" using Datakick manager it self.

I noticed that I can choose shop scope in mass updates jobs (but not on imports jobs) so I made one mass update that is going to run right after the new products import that disable products in the second shop if are not from a specific manufacturer.

I'm going to let it run for some days to check if can be an acceptable solution, otherways if @datakick is not interested in supporting multishop for importing jobs I think I need to try with MariaDB triggers.

Ok some products got imported and I can see that in the second shop are disabled, the muss updated worked and products are hidden. In the backend the products are still there so we need to deleted them manually but is not a big problem.