thirty bees forum

bye Twitter, hello X - new Logo is needed, how to change Twitter logo

DRMasterChief

Question

Hello,  as we all know the blue bird Twitter logo is gone, now billions of sites has to change this social logo if you use it in your theme....  FontAwesome goes the not so straight way and implement the new X logo with a new describtion / a new name.   The easier way would be to update the visual logo with the same name, so nothing is needed to implement the X (and maybe give a new name to the old bird logo), but thats not fact.

My theme uses only one social button, it is Twitter / X  and so i have to update the logo by updating FontAwesome.  Also the standard thirtybees theme  uses the 'old' logo.

Here is a compilation of all logos for X, old and new (they do not implement it in 5.x version):  Find the Perfect Icon for Your Project | Font Awesome 

Can anyone give us one help how to update this logo in an easy way?  Do i have to update the complete FontAwesome font to v6.x  or is it possible just to upload the one X logo which i want to use (it is  <font-awesome-icon icon="square-x-twitter" />   e61a).  It is also necessary to to this into some CSS files (global.css).

Hopefully we can summarize all 'to do´s' here to update such social logos.  Hope to get some help here  🤩    thank you!

7 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Hello,

yes, but most of the Themes will use FontAwesome i think,  not jpgs....  So it should be easier to integrate/update the new X logo instead of change them to jpg icons.

To be nostalgic is good most of the times, but in this case it is simply, Twitter is gone and now X is the new company. 

Edited by DRMasterChief

Posted (edited)

i dont want to go to this site further,  i have to deactivate hundreds of cookies manually to see this,  this is not a correct behaviour.  btw., i do not think that it is easier to include icons instead of font,  pls. see my previous post. 

It´s also about the "how to include and/or update" here,  not about the source  (the original fontawesome site should be very good for all). 

Edited by DRMasterChief