thirty bees forum

Core Updater Not Working

Naldinho

Question

I am having issues with updating Thirty Bees. 

The installed version is 1.3. 

I have moved the store to a new server as a way to upgrade all the underlying software and that changed the php version from 7.2 to 8.3.

I am currently using Core Updater 1.8.6 after installing it based on a message telling me I should.

When I try to use Core Updater there are no options for releases when using Stable Releases as the version type -- the menu is there but it is empty. 

If I try to upgrade using bleeding edge or  developer I get the following error

Server responded with error INVALID_REQUEST: Revision 1.3.0 not found

Details
CoreUpdater\Api\ThirtybeesApiException: Server responded with error INVALID_REQUEST: Revision 1.3.0 not found in /var/www/html/modules/coreupdater/classes/api/ThirtybeesApiGuzzle.php:374
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/modules/coreupdater/classes/api/ThirtybeesApiGuzzle.php(311): CoreUpdater\Api\ThirtybeesApiGuzzle->unwrapResponse()
#1 /var/www/html/modules/coreupdater/classes/api/ThirtybeesApiGuzzle.php(130): CoreUpdater\Api\ThirtybeesApiGuzzle->callApi()
#2 /var/www/html/modules/coreupdater/classes/process/Comparator.php(453): CoreUpdater\Api\ThirtybeesApiGuzzle->downloadFileList()
#3 /var/www/html/modules/coreupdater/classes/process/Comparator.php(298): CoreUpdater\Comparator->downloadFileList()
#4 /var/www/html/modules/coreupdater/classes/process/Process.php(102): CoreUpdater\Comparator->processStep()
#5 /var/www/html/modules/coreupdater/controllers/admin/AdminCoreUpdaterController.php(865): CoreUpdater\Process\Processor->process()
#6 /var/www/html/modules/coreupdater/controllers/admin/AdminCoreUpdaterController.php(838): AdminCoreUpdaterController->runProcess()
#7 /var/www/html/modules/coreupdater/controllers/admin/AdminCoreUpdaterController.php(771): AdminCoreUpdaterController->compareProcess()
#8 /var/www/html/modules/coreupdater/controllers/admin/AdminCoreUpdaterController.php(745): AdminCoreUpdaterController->processAction()
#9 /var/www/html/modules/coreupdater/controllers/admin/AdminCoreUpdaterController.php(704): AdminCoreUpdaterController->ajaxProcess()
#10 [internal function]: AdminCoreUpdaterController->performPostProcess()
#11 /var/www/html/modules/coreupdater/classes/ErrorHandler.php(76): call_user_func_array()
#12 /var/www/html/modules/coreupdater/controllers/admin/AdminCoreUpdaterController.php(692): CoreUpdater\ErrorHandler->handleErrors()
#13 /var/www/html/classes/controller/Controller.php(199): AdminCoreUpdaterController->postProcess()
#14 /var/www/html/classes/Dispatcher.php(852): ControllerCore->run()
#15 /var/www/html/gbbtht7wbgiwbcej/index.php(63): DispatcherCore->dispatch()
#16 {main}

Any help would be appreciated. 

2 answers to this question

1.3 will not run on php8.3

In fact even if thirty bees 1.5.1 manages to run on php 8.3 (not officially supported yet) your modules and theme will need some major rework.

So I would advise to roll your server back to php 7.4, update to edge or stable 1.5.1 and fix all errors/warnings/notices in your Collect logs module. Only then you have a chance at 8.2 and can test it.

Update through Core updater but use this table as a guideline: https://thirtybees.com/download-specific/

Also check this thread regarding the update to 1.5 and later as there are some changes and some easy actions you have to make: 

Thank you. Switching to 7.4 got the Core Updater to run but now I have a new error

Duplicate entry '686-176-20943-320' for key 'ps_cart_product.PRIMARY'
Details
Duplicate entry '686-176-20943-320' for key 'ps_cart_product.PRIMARY'