thirty bees forum

Does CSV import allow combinations with only two products?

alwayspaws

Question

@alwayspaws In your spreadsheet you have one product not two. A product has to have a unique ID. So by using product ID 500 twice, you are uploading one product with two combinations. As you have two different product names it will upload the first and then overwrite it with the second.

So your product name should be: At Home Dog Spa Girl Dogs Shampoo Natural Gentle Girl Dog Grooming

You shouldn't put the combination values in the title - let the shopper select them from the dropdown menu which will be created with your combination values.

The alternative is to leave it as it is and create two separate products. So the second product would have an ID of 501 and the combination reference would be 501-1

Hope that helps

@spidawebs Spidey, you're back! :) I'm attaching my actual spreadsheet. That was a short, but incorrect (sorry) example I created when mine didn't work.

[01502792998264grooming-products-test.csv](Uploading 100%)

Something has gone wrong with file uploading.

0_1502793161208_csv is an invalid file type - only images are allowed.jpg

@spidawebs Thank you. I attempted the UL again:

[01502794419060grooming-products-test.csv](Uploading 100%)

There is a forum issue and I just created the topic for it here:

https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/702/uploading-files-to-forum-suddenly-is-not-allowed-unless-image-format

@alwayspaws I can't see why it wouldn't upload the combinations. They look correct. I might be wrong but maybe it's because you're using commas to separate multiple values in fields like tags. I don't use tags so I'm not 100% sure, but if you have your field separator set to commas and your multiple value separator set to semi colons I would have thought you need to use semi colons to separate each value. Try it and see if it works.

To use different prices for different combinations I think you need to create a field called "Impact on price" and for the combination with the higher price enter the price difference.

@spidawebs said in Does CSV import allow combinations with only two products?:

@alwayspaws Yes, that's it, but keep the price the same, so for the first product both prices should be 11.95 then keep the impact on price at 10.00 for the more expensive combination

I have another question about CSV uploads for combinations. Do I have to reindex right after uploading products? Or do I upload the combinations and then reindex?

Thank you for your help, as usual. :)

The impact on price field is in the combinations upload. So do your new product upload, then do you combinations upload and you will see the impact on price field.

Not sure what you mean about reindexing. Are you talking about reindexing the search engine?

The impact on price field is in the combinations upload. So do your new product upload, then do you combinations upload and you will see the impact on price field.

Not sure what you mean about reindexing. Are you talking about reindexing the search engine?

That's good. Thanks. I mean this:

INDEXING The "indexed" products have been analyzed by thirty bees and will appear in the results of a front office search. Indexed products 257 / 257.

Building the product index may take a few minutes. If your server stops before the process ends, you can resume the indexing by clicking "Add missing products to the index".

Add missing products to the index Re-build the entire index

It worked great! Thank you very much. Now when the customer selects the size, the price changes, as it should. yay! :)

Is it normal for this to be in the URL: #/293

https://www.alwayspaws.com/grooming/at-home-dog-spa-boy-dogs-shampoo-natural-gentle-boy-dog-grooming-made-in-the-usa#/293-size-20_ounces

is there a better way to write sizes for the URLs?