thirty bees forum

Images on product pages - how to have a slider or something (anything but the tiny images below)

annafjmorris

Question

Hi, working on moving to thirty bees from presta, the date is set for 1st Sept!! One thing, I really dislike the way images are displayed on the product page, with one big image and then loads of smaller preview images below. On mobile, anything more than 3 images total takes up half the screen and on desktop they just look nasty.

I want to move to a slider based thing, so one big image and swipe left or click to see image 2, 3, 4 etc. No more little preview images cluttering up the place.

I have no idea how this is done, if it's a plugin, some setting in my back office, no clue. I had a look about and can't find anything. Anyone help? Ideally free modules if one is needed :D Spent loads already! Thanks

6 answers to this question

There can't be a module on this one. Maybe it is possible, but I think it is too theme specific. We've done that in the recent project, but it would require custom development on your theme files, e.g. (open with mobile): https://www.heroesline.com/product/snapbacks/191-snapback-tropic-sun.html

@annafjmorris:

That is EXACTLY what I am looking for. I have a designer working with me on the theme, is this sort of thing a long/difficult job to implement?

It depends on the programmer and theme. Probably up to 1 or 2 hrs. Depends how current theme is coded, how much styling it will need, etc.

@annafjmorris I know you are looking for free but Panda theme is $70 USD and has more sliders and options than I'll ever use already built in.

Support is amazing if you care to go with a different theme than default.

It's mostly ready to go now but will be supported for TB.

I feel your pressure 9/1 is my live date too!

@vzex It's not some much that we are looking for free, it's just that we chose years ago to mod the default theme of presta and it worked well and looked great, so now we are modding the default theme of TB in the same way. Other than being responsive, it was still similar to the 1.4/1.5 theme we had originally. It's more expensive than a bought theme really, but then it's clearer to me who owns the code, and keeps us some brand consistency with our old design too :) I did note when making this choice that there is less flexibility in terms of sliders and menu's etc though. A downside for sure.

@Innercode - is this something we can pay you guys to do for us over the next few months? Can you email me at annafjmorris [AT] gmail [DOT] com with some info