thirty bees forum

How to - time display in front office ?

zimmer-media

I look for one of our shops the possibility of the time display in the frontoffice. In the shop are customers from all over the world. For example, a price rule with a limited duration - e.g. from 8.00 am - 12.00 and this is also communicated to Facebook and other social network - I would like to spare the customers the search, when the time is actually also their time zone. We also want to avoid unnecessary questions or angry messages. In the Prestashop forum I have already searched, but still nothing found. Do you have a solution or suggestion? Thank you in advance.

Why dont you use a count down timer, thats for everyone equal and much easier to manage i think.

And dont forget: we as merchants are always doing our best to make it our customers as comfortable as it could be, but if someone wants to get a real nice offer they also have to do something for it :) But with a countdown timer you will never get any angry messages.... well, also i am not sure about that :)

@baarssen said in How to - time display in front office ?:

Why dont you use a count down timer, thats for everyone equal and much easier to manage i think. And dont forget: we as merchants are always doing our best to make it our customers as comfortable as it could be, but if someone wants to get a real nice offer they also have to do something for it But with a countdown timer you will never get any angry messages… well, also i am not sure about that

thanks for your answer - i looked before, i have for my products a countdown timer - but for a special price rule i dont know - what do you mean, have you seen a module for this?

i think cart rule will be more difficult because customers only see it when they go to their cart.

But why dont create it with a catalogue rule, and keep your cart rules for other (for example customer related discounts)

Keep it simple fo your customers, but also keep it simple for yourselve :)

i will it keep simple for my customers, but if i create a cart rule for example "late night shopping" from 01.00 - 05.00 with 10 % off all products or for example 5 categories.

I would like to support the customer in time without which they have to calculate or search the time zones around the world. If the customers first have to look into the shopping basket, whether the period of the price rule is currently up to date or so, then as a seller is not good, if before advertising was made.

i understand your idea, but i think it is easier for you to display that with a counter on your shop. There are special countdown timers for example as a topbanner in which you can display it.

Just to avoid indeed the confusion of someone who lives at the other side of the world where its day when its night at your zone.

See like this: https://www.screencast.com/t/CPnFvYeNgE

@zimmer-media said in How to - time display in front office ?:

I look for one of our shops the possibility of the time display in the frontoffice. In the shop are customers from all over the world. For example, a price rule with a limited duration - e.g. from 8.00 am - 12.00 and this is also communicated to Facebook and other social network - I would like to spare the customers the search, when the time is actually also their time zone. We also want to avoid unnecessary questions or angry messages. In the Prestashop forum I have already searched, but still nothing found. Do you have a solution or suggestion? Thank you in advance.

Why don't you use Smarty? In the German PrestaShop forum it seems likely to have a look into the Benutzerleitfäden. :) You would have found in my hints and tutorial this link: Just for the record: Never use the awful search of the PrestaShop forum! Use Google with the keyword "Prestashop forum" and your question and your search will be successful in most cases. ;)

@occam said in How to - time display in front office ?:

@zimmer-media said in How to - time display in front office ?:

I look for one of our shops the possibility of the time display in the frontoffice.

You would have found in my hints and tutorial this link:

@zimmer-media Highly suggest @Occam link above.

Just for the record: Never use the awful search of the PrestaShop forum! Use Google with the keyword "Prestashop forum" and your question and your search will be successful in most cases. ;)

Absolutely. I discovered that very quickly.

@zimmer-media The Transformer theme (and most likely Panda) has a built in Countdown Timer module:

0_1507191369382_FD5F88BC-5530-47DD-9E94-DBEA838FE991.jpeg

Some settings but the page goes on and on with options:

0_1507191429211_ABCAA366-DE45-4296-A35D-B345F2EAD34F.jpeg