thirty bees forum

Newsletter modules

SLiCK_303

Question

i only use mailchimp. Easy and nice newsletters. Under 2000 contacts its free, above it you pay a little. Its connected to my shop, i cam add products easily into the newsletters. I have tried several modules but i stick to mailchimp :)

On 10/29/2017 at 10:30 AM, Eolia said:

@slick_303 said in Newsletter modules:

The zip above was of your free v5.8 openly distributed on the ps forums...

It has not been for 2 years already

Typically anything created under the OSL 3.0 license and submitted to the public domain forbids changing license conditions later - especially if ANY of the code was contributed under an open source collaboration. Thus "You cannot place additional restrictions on the licensee's exercise of the license" at a later date. I have written a fair amount of code over the years for open source software, both original stuff and debugging existing code - I don't ever assume to have control over that code once it has been released into the public domain - and neither should you. ...Just sayin'

On 3/3/2018 at 9:21 AM, 30knees said:

What different newsletter modules do people use?

I haven't used a newsletter in over a decade... but obviously I am exploring a return to that model. That said, I wouldn't use a subscription service for this purpose under any circumstances. As a matter of fact, I would simply retire and go fishing all day every day if my only option became SAAS or subscription only services... and I hate fishing!

Edited by DarkHorse

On 1/29/2022 at 5:43 PM, nickz said:

Ahem its a 3 years of thread

May be... but how many other people have read the thread between the time it went "dormant" and now without having an opposing position presented regarding the licensing or subscription services?? 😏

Edited by DarkHorse
  • Like 1