thirty bees forum

Keywords

Havouza

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this is a good solution in your case. But you can setup something general for all products meta, like:

Some info about my site/company.... and product {product name} from category {default category name}.......

Of course this is just a general idea, where you have the same few sentences and you pull the Product name + Category dynamically.

And you can modify meta class to use this description all the time if you did not enter something else in the product meta.

Always try to get a unique meta description and title yeah. It is very "easy" if you just include the product + brand name in your description + some key values of your shop + buying intent keywords.

For example on product page, title could be: Buy product name online | shop name Description could be: Looking for product name? Shop at shop name and enjoy free shipping, free return and try it for 30 days...

Could make it much longer but you get the idea. Remember that if your meta descriptions will show up in the Google results and people will base their opinion of the results based on it. Google tracks the Click Trough Rate of them, so you'll want something people really click on. That is why you should surely include some key factors like free shipping etc if you provide these.

For bulk edits: I use https://codecanyon.net/item/prestashop-seo-manager/4662419 which is great for what you want to achieve. You can run it and will add descriptions as you want. It also includes a useful addon that tells you which products/categories are missing a description or where it is to long/short.

@robbie Hi! Can you tell me how the SEO module should work? I dont think it work with TB. I fill in the info I want and press Submit. The only thing that happens is that it comes up Module installed successfully. And it seems that the module config page does not stop to load.

Before I uploaded the override nothing was changed in the meta fields. It looked good, said update successful but nothing changed. The override is a changed meta.php. It is supplied by the developer but not supported by him. Nothing is said about it when you get the module but if you read through the reviews it is obvious that it is needed for this latest version to work. There is also a link to it in that answer

@Havouza Sorry I was not able to reply before! But good that you made it work :)

I saw the developer wrote about TB on their blog, that's why I decided to share it here also. Cool to hear he is eager to help out on it. I think it is a great addon and saves a lot of time.

If you have any questions in general about SEO don't hesitate to ask!

• 5 weeks later...

@robbie I disagree with putting call to action words in the title. Google patent for entity extraction is looking for words surrounding a known entity to determine what links to display in SERP. We need a value to add in for brand which PrestaShop decided to call manufacturer and modify templates to expose that schema product attribute.

Use google trends to formulate good product titles. => N°5 L'EAU - CHANEL from one website ranked #1. They included ingredient names in the meta description and a call to action. Linked data extraction of additional ingredients possibly boosts searches ability to match the best results. https://goo.gl/Xoqcf4 see that. The items are from the top entry for this perfume.

@dprophitjr on the title the buying intent keywords are less important yeah, and could just be simple brand + product name.

But got to remember that CTR is very important nowadays, so even if you show up on first page in the SERP, if you don't get any clicks you will drop sooner or later. That is why these keywords are still useful.

@robbie It's interesting that you mention buying intent. That does qualify search query intent! Not used as much unless they hollar out into their digital assistant, "blue dresses on sale near me". =) Even then, structure markup helps with Rankbrain understand that you have a product price reduction to answer the query, still. Buying intent also comes from search history IF signed on and using google chrome. Not as much yet still enough. And what are others searching for the same entity. Verbs such as repair, spare parts, etc.

Let's explore product rich snippets a bit further for sales events unless you have a screen capture in the wild? Nike xyz shoes on sale from structured data. I wrote about ecommerce category structure which also plays a hand in search match from breadcrumb. https://denverprophit.us/content-marketing/e-commerce-site-structure-for-semantic-search/ Semantic Search is the digital future aye? =P