thirty bees forum

Keywords

Havouza

@dprophitjr Yeah it is a very interesting discussion. But once again, buying intent keywords would be more for the description really.

In the title could still use something like "buy brand + product name". Since I see a lot of brands/manufacturers that don't sell their products on their own site, and they are mostly rank #1 on the SERPs. Users could then be aware that they can actually buy it on your site and that it is not concerning a review/blog/give away/whatever.

In the description I would for sure use something like free shipping/free returns/sales since it will increase your CTR. I ran some A/B tests on some meta stuff and just by increasing CTR results the rankings fluctuated a lot less and were ranking more in the top 3 than the top 10.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@robbie buying intent is settled with a product rich snippet that has an offer: price, instock, and currency. Free Shipping is a very nice call to action within the product short description, which often is used in themes as the product schema description. Remember I wrote about search history?

Sign into google chrome. IF you use gmail, search for => my receipts. You should get a special display of emails google gmail knows about. Entity extraction also happens here to base a profile about you!

Gmail Receipts Capture

• 1 month later...

If you read this thread you get the impression that keywords are useless. It is also obvious that most of the opinions are about how Google see on it. But there is a lot of other search engines around. If you sell on former countries in soviet union Google is a very small player. Yandex is the big one. All family and relatives we have in that part only use Yandex. And for Yandex keywords are still important

That was an old part I have already solved. What I was after now was the meaning that keywords is out. That is perhaps so for Google, but not for many other search engines. Like Yandex that has more than 65% of the Russian-speaking market

@Havouza @robbie An seo module is useless. Your product title should include a strategy from the search engine that brings you the most traffic. Be that Yandex, Google, Bing, et al. Use a theme with microformat, schema.org microdata if on Yandex. You can use JSON+LD ( Soon to be released from thirty bees ) on themes that do not have microformat nor microdata if your most trafficked search engine is Bing/Google/Yahoo.

Make sure your meta description or even short description has a call to action. Either of the two or even parts of your long description may be used by ANY search engine result.

Sprinkle keyword(s) in meta description, short description and long description. Use Synonyms ( words with similar meaning ) in short description plus the call to action ("Free Shipping Available Today", "Exclusive Offers Available For This Item").

Make sure you utilize the image alt description that is unique for each image. Focus keywords should be used here as well with a call to action. This leads to conversions from image searches.

These are things that just cannot be done with a snake oil "seo" module.

@dprophitjr sure, I completely agree. I wouldn't use the SEO module to only automate everything. For example the one I use in PS right now also checks which products/cat pages don't have a description yet, which are to long and so on. This is very helpful data.

And to write unique ones for every product or page is a very long process which you should do some research for. Then a module can always be simple to have a good start, then you can optimize it to get better CTR and so on.

@Havouza This is good to know! We were rewriting the community theme and taking out microdata from schema.org. It seems we WILL need two themes. One with and one without.

With schema.org's https://schema.org/ItemPage we can output the array value of keywords using the keywords attribute. It's about half-way down in the parent of CreativeWork. I'll test my forked copy of the community theme with https://webmaster.yandex.com/tools/microtest/ once I figure out how to switch from ItemPage in the header.tpl to ContactPage, AboutPage, SearchResultsPage.

We're adding in valid HTML5 structure tags too. Replacing <div> where context might be a <nav> for navigation block, <aside> for infoboxes that are not related to the main content. These things should prevent spillover of unrelated keywords and content to the main part of the product pages, categories, et al.

http://russiansearchmarketing.com/onsite-optimization-yandex-seo/http://russiansearchmarketing.com/onsite-optimization-yandex-seo/