thirty bees forum

Localization -> Language

TobyMudito

Question

19 answers to this question

I did not get problems with the translations of the prestashop (only in imput_max = 1000 but I decided, I'll even do a tutorial to post here ...) is practically 100% translated.

Do not forget, I'm here to help with translation into Portuguese (Brazilian).

If you want to help translate: a.) i hope crowdin would be ready soon. Will make things a lot easier. b.) at the moment you can translate it manually and export it.

It's very simple...

Step 1.) If Language doesn't exist: Go to "Localization --> Languages" and Add your Language. Make Sure the Settings match PrestaShop language settings (Example Image German)

0_1487319765737_tb-language.JPG

Step 2.) Go to "Localization --> Translations -->modify translations" and translate the Frontend, Backend, Errors, Modules and PDF. You also can change Translations of Mails inside PrestaShop. But i prefer to do this directly with Editor like Netbeans, notepad++ or other...

Step3.) If you get a message like that:

Warning! Your PHP configuration limits the maximum number of fields allowed in a form: 1000 for maxinputvars

change the values "maxinputvars" and "maxpostvars" in php.ini (8000 should be high enough".

Step 4.) After translating everything you can export it. Go to "Localization --> Translation --> Export a language". Choose your language and Community theme default and hit the export button. you will get a gzip file including backend, mails, pdf, modules, templates translations.

Step5.) Upload your gzip in this forum Post --> Done!

PS: You can't translate the admin Menu (Admin Tabs). Translations of back office tabs are stored in datbase, check tables: pstab, pstab_lang

@mdekker said in Localization -> Language:

Not sure, this process might take a couple weeks, especially because we have just launched and currently have to handle a lot of other things.

How are PrestaShop's language packs? I heard that most of the front office is not translated by the packs?

Depends. There are about a dozen languages that are permanently updated and 100 % translated on Crowdin. The rest are just fragments. The waste surplus German translation sections for Austria, Luxembourg and Switzerland will be removed soon. But when uploading the files you should be aware that 1.7 translation are stored as xlf and contain domains, whereas 1.6 translations use hashcodes and are stored as php files. I saw that you uploaded xlf files for the Dutch translation. Are you sure? Currently 1.6 doesn't support domains. Or did I miss something and you changed the translations framework for Thirtybees? I really hope not.

I stopped the translation to pt-br. For some reason the changes are not being saved on the first try (using firefox and google chrome) Second, I see that I will have to do everything again when crowin is ready. This problem of not saving the changes on the first try is very serious, I suffered from this in PS but it was just with google chrome, firefox was ok

Hello folks, I was busy with some module translations, Reviews, but it won't go right, I have translate all the lines in translation, but in the FO, they don't come up. I have clear the browser cache and the cache in BO. Even the module, send to a friend won't send the email, there happens nothing, when I click on the send button.

Best Regards, Roger