thirty bees forum

Product list BO with manufacturers and suppliers columns

zimmer-media

5 hours ago, nickz said:

Sounds like putting all eggs into one basket.
Not the most prudent business strategy.

Not sure what you mean to say here... My store has over 17,000 products, it is what it is.

How else do you think people are going to purchase those products from me?

21 hours ago, the.rampage.rado said:

How was the product list in PS? I guess exactly the same if I remember correctly?

I don't have the supplier column, though I do have a barcode module that changed the list so that it now presents a printer icon for printing barcodes and a pulldown  arrow next to that for access to edit/delete/duplicate/preview. I didn't like that arrangement at first, but have gotten used to it over the years.

(The barcode mod might be why mine is different - I would have to look back through maintenance records to see when and what was actually changed.)

image.png.1762ee7480ec8ee64c396e712de1d2f0.png

This is what my product list line looks like at this moment:

image.thumb.png.d69b3d0828870d94888d7d755a042950.png

Edited by Obi

7 hours ago, nickz said:

heheh I have to correct that:

One (1) hack and all is gone, split your shop it into 4 shops and you have a saver set up.

We seem to be having a language barrier, because I can restore the ONE shop in LESS THAN HALF the time it takes to restore 4 shops IF it ever got hacked.

I was responsible for more than one high profile website using server clusters and serving millions of visitors per day for more than one previous employer I've left (either for a raise or prestige), so you must understand that for someone to suggest to me that I need to split my website into FOUR websites for "security" purposes is nothing short of laughable in my mind - if that is indeed what you are getting at... And if so, I would probably suggest that you should take a few business classes somewhere.

My current website runs just fine, thank you very much, provides my customers with a nice selection of product, all from a single location, ultimately making it easier for them to hit the free shipping threshold from my store with purchases they want (instead of trying to pad an order because there isn't sufficient selection), among other conveniences.

3 hours ago, Obi said:

so you must understand that for someone to suggest to me that I need to split my website into FOUR websites for "security" purposes is nothing short of laughable in my mind - if that is indeed what you are getting at...

Well I believe splitting shops with 10 000 products has also a benefit for ranking if the splitted shops are more into one or 2  categories.
Why would you laugh about that? If hacked or fallen to a phishing attack more separated shop installs are more of a relief. 

7 hours ago, the.rampage.rado said:

Should we delete it? 😄

and > My post is not directed to you by any means.

And why deleting an opinion only because you don't follow a thought which rather prepares for the worst than being surprised?

Edited by nickz