thirty bees forum

cron jobs Last execution

SLiCK_303

Question

@led24ee Glad you got it working.

Anyone with any thoughts on the message towards the top of the page saying:

Cron is not set up correctly. Please follow set up instructions

I've reset the module, that was fun, it erased all my cron jobs, and I had to put them in again.  Now it is saying an execution date, but still has that error on the top.

3 minutes ago, SLiCK_303 said:

Gotcha.. thanx for explaining.  Nice job on the upgrade too..... 🙂

I guess the error message is not self-explanatory enough, and it can probably cause unnecessary alarm. It should include more information about what it means and why it is there. Especially if you have already set up your external cron service. In that case, it should tell you to remain calm and check back in a few hours -- it should be fixed by then

Sorry for the trouble 🙂 

Now I have tried cron with cPanel 80.0.23 but there is always only one result: Invalid token. I have found zero info how to deal with this error. And this is with cPanel only. So this token must contain some symbols not allowed for cPanel. How can I change this token ? Or is there any other solution ? (Plan B for me : change your hosting company)

9 hours ago, led24ee said:

Now I have tried cron with cPanel 80.0.23 but there is always only one result: Invalid token. I have found zero info how to deal with this error. And this is with cPanel only. So this token must contain some symbols not allowed for cPanel. How can I change this token ? Or is there any other solution ? (Plan B for me : change your hosting company)

What approach are you using - curl or php? What happens when you copy and paste the url to the browser? 

If I run this in browser (copy and paste) then everything works. Actual jobs will be done and also cronjobs module shows when was the last time of run and shortly everything looks like one big happy family. Now I have in this same server with this same cPanel one PS 1.6.11.x  If I try this cPanel cron with this PS (PS gives another token) then it also works. But in this PS token, there aren't symbols like dot or slash or $. And this is the reason why I believe that cPanel cron is very "selectiv" about this token symbols.