thirty bees forum

Support for more Payment Gateways

DavidP

Be careful upgrading Panda. Panda versions 14 and 15 are very different. They have different modules and there is even a hook on a different place.

Their website says that you must run 15 with TB 1.1 but it is not clear to me why. 14 worked perfectly for me with 1.1 - with only a fix for the Cannot use object of type carrier as array” problem caused by the Smarty upgrade.

Also I didn't like their redesign of the checkout page in version 15. They have changed the page in a way that makes it easier to overlook the login link. And then existing customers try to create a new account. That results in an error message that they don't see as it is above the form outside the visible part of the page. So they conclude that the Save button doesn't work and your webshop is defect.

On 1/11/2018 at 8:44 AM, DavidP said:

surveying users as to what gateways they use

UK - not yet live on thirtybees but trading on another system

• Stripe preferred;
  • Paypal OK as a backup,
  • Worldpay: not used recently, some market share, corporate, expensive, hard to do business with, UK based international business I think
  • Braintree: owned by Paypal but aimed more at developers

The first survey site I found has a lot of unfamiliar names on it, so I guess the share is different in each country, or maybe there are more relevant surveys 
    https://www.datanyze.com/market-share/payment-processing/paypal-market-share

from experience trading in the UK there is a much smaller UK market share for another two than the top three

• Nochex: UK base, not used recently, used to have minimum pay-outs, not cheap. Skrill is another long-surviving firm that people often try in the UK, not cheap, with more international services. 

worth a mention

• Simpliftycommerce.com for the US market only - something Prestashop can manage - and cheap for that market
  • Gocardless.com for subscriptions and direct debits, rather than card payments, and cheap for that market
Edited by veganline
changed at intervals over a day or so