thirty bees forum

Migration attempt: Error [Ajax / Server Error for action upgradeDb] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Internal Server Error " jqXHR: " "

movieseals

Question

I have attempted a migration of our site. Things were going fine until the migration module attempted to update the database. The following error appeared: [Ajax / Server Error for action upgradeDb] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Internal Server Error " jqXHR: " "

We also ended up being locked out of our own server as I assume it was interpreted as a hack attempt - our IP got blocked.

I have been looking online and it appears to be a frequent error with older versions of Prestashop, although there does not appear to be a consensus on a solution. Anybody has any idea?

Should there be protection disabled server side to allow for a smoother process? Not too keen on having the server exposed but not sure on how to proceed.

Any help would be appreciated.

14 answers to this question

Are you using the migration module, or doing this manually on your dev site? I just did a migration for fun on my localhost, it worked like a champ using the migration module. Do you have a lot of overrides, or have you modified the core at all? What version of PS are you going from?

Migration module psonesix. Been having issue throughout with it. I did a manual upgrade and that failed as well, in the end, despite getting me the closest results to my PS store, because apparently the database have changed. I have not touched the core but there are several overrides because of modules. However, I disabled all third party modules and overrides before attempting migration.

Right now I am starting over with a backup that I have to reinstall and will attempt a clean migration from a fresh PS 1.6.17 install.

Making sure that your dev site is fully working first, right? Changing the shop url's and the settings.inc.php, ect. Are you doing this on a localhost or a subdomain? How many products do you have? Since you have a proper backup of your site, I would not select the backup files option, or images....