thirty bees forum

Help setting up reCAPTCHA module

Manisch

Question

Hello, it's me again (:

This time I'm trying to get the No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA module running. In general this should be an easy task. But:

At the bottom there is this "Example" window. It always shows just "Confirmation: Unknown". And therefore I can't save anything.

It works if I embed a captcha manually, so the keys should be fine.

I noticed the following: If I enter the public key, the example shows something. After entering the secret keys, the example changes to "unknown".

Can anyone help?

9 answers to this question

I was having issue with just this thin last night... What I ended up doing was go into the configuration of the module, enter your keys, then go into one of the other tabs on the top of the page, then come back to the module settings, and the captcha box should be there now at the bottom of the settings page.

@mdekker said in Help setting up reCAPTCHA module:

Does a port to Guzzle help?

01521027548957nocaptcharecaptcha-v1.0.2_guzzle.zip

Do I have to do something additional than downloading your zip and install it?

@slick_303 said in Help setting up reCAPTCHA module:

I was having issue with just this thin last night... What I ended up doing was go into the configuration of the module, enter your keys, then go into one of the other tabs on the top of the page, then come back to the module settings, and the captcha box should be there now at the bottom of the settings page.

Do you at some point click on "save"? Because when I change the tab and come back, the keys are gone :/

Hmm, this time I installed the version from github, but it doesn't make any difference. The two main-tables I see are ncrcgroup and ncrcvisitor. It feels like tha base table ncrc is missing. I was thinking, perhaps I can add the keys directly to the database. Just can't find where...

Sooo, after a new wave of spam-messaged I had to take a second or third look. This time I installed version 1.0.1 (not 1.0.2) of the module - finally it works perfectly fine.

I just hope it can actually handle the spam...

ya I have lots of fun with it too. what I did was deleted the key at google then made a new. went to moles section of the store entered the keys scrolled to the bottom looked for the reCAPTCHA box click the check box then save. I had to do this 3 times before it took