thirty bees forum

changes of shipping service creates duplicates in database

DRMasterChief

Question

Hello, i try to include the tracking no. and tracking link in my e-mail templates when a parcel is shipped.

Regarding this, i have found the following bug (or is it needed for a feature?):

If you change any entries in the backend for "shipping service", a new column is created in the table in database instead of overwriting the existing one.

I have 3 shipping services, but there are 13 columns in the tb_carrier

2 answers to this question

@drmasterchief that's correct behaviour. These rows are linked using id_reference column - there should be only one active row for each id_reference. Every non-active row in this table represents a historical state / settings, and are linked to from orders / invoices. So, even if you change your shipping rates, your orders are not affected.

Thank you for this information. I already thought that this is for historical state / settings. But it also causes problems when you need to use some parameters from the database for mail templates e.g. tracking link - or how to get the correct tracking link for each shipping service and tracking no. into mail template when order is shipped?