thirty bees forum

Setup Cronjob

Kleijn36

Question

I tried everything to setup a cronjob. On Cpanel: curl -k "https://drankexpert.nl/module/cronjobs/cron?token=%242y%2410%24nhVRCi0P1fQGzqSaLQhwEu58azpDPyMIdzxePfo39uHrUy7avVA.C"

I had contact wit my host and the settings where oke. result of cronjob: /bin/bash: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"' /bin/bash: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file

They checked it again and gave me this answer: I checked the cron, and the quotes are matching correctly, but the command is indeed once again no longer running, as it seems the new token has expired as well, as I get an application error when I visit the page, rather than the previous cron confirmation page.

It's possible the command needs the token to be regenerated after each use or completion, but the way it's setup in your cPanel should funciton once the token is updated once again.

9 answers to this question

Maybe an idea, ofcourse it doesnt solve this with the module, but i use since very long time https://www.easycron.com Works fine, and without any problems. Its free, but if you want to have some more functions it costs a few dollars a year. You get notified if a cronjob fails, also when it resumes.

If you just run your cronjob on the browser you will see the full error. As I can see the problem is not with your cron task or cron module, but it with the cron.php inside the module sendreviewrequest. Dont forget to disable debug mode.

I installed the Birthday module and got the same problem so it is not cron.php inside the module. Run the crojob on the browser gave a 500 internal server error, Incorrect file/directory permissions: Above 755. Checked the module and all permissions after install the module where set to 777. Changed the permission for the directory to 755 and the cronjob runs. Why is the permission after installing these modules 777 or is this always the standard permission for install new modules?