thirty bees forum

Shopping cart tax display issue

x97wehner

Question

4 answers to this question

Not sure I worded it the best way in my initial post. Here is what happens: - User goes on site anonymously and adds a product to their cart - Site is setup to not charge tax unless within a certain U.S. state. Also set to show a separate tax line in the checkout. - User's default cart page shows correctly - price, shipping, total at the top - User enters their shipping information - TB recognizes the state as taxable and adds sales tax to the total line at the top. No separate tax line is displayed. - If user refreshes the page manually, the tax line appears as it should have originally.

So, basically the error is that the tax line doesn't appear unless the user refreshes the page. It's confusing to a shopper.

@x97wehner said in Shopping cart tax display issue:

Not sure I worded it the best way in my initial post. Here is what happens:

User goes on site anonymously and adds a product to their cart Site is setup to not charge tax unless within a certain U.S. state. Also set to show a separate tax line in the checkout. Accounting companies near me it here... User’s default cart page shows correctly - price, shipping, total at the top User enters their shipping information TB recognizes the state as taxable and adds sales tax to the total line at the top. No separate tax line is displayed. If user refreshes the page manually, the tax line appears as it should have originally.

So, basically the error is that the tax line doesn’t appear unless the user refreshes the page. It’s confusing to a shopper.

thank you for your professional answer!