thirty bees forum

VAT exemption module 2.1.1 with tb 1.0.7 - controller not found error

30knees

I use the VAT exemption module 2.1.1 https://store.thirtybees.com/shop-modules/administration/vat-exemption-module with tb 1.0.7. I'm now getting the error:

Controller not found when I go to the module in the backend at Customers>VAT module. It's also now calculating VAT for a customer even though it shouldn't be doing so.

I enabled debug mode but it didn't give me any further error messages.

index.php?controller=AdminVatNumbers

There is no such controller. The module's configuration page is at admin-XXX/index.php?controller=AdminModules&configure=vatnumber.

There is also a class VatNumber, without the s. It comes with the module and some areas of core code use it, after testing that the module is actually installed.

Accordingly the question is, how or where did you get this link?

Here I have to admit that my testing yesterday was wrong. To see prices without tax, one has to be logged in as customer and an address with a VAT number, of course. Or Allow manual verification on the module configuration page enabled and Yes, I qualify for VAT Relief! in the customer address checked. Or both.

Today's testing showed the module to work just fine and as expected.

The module provided by thirty bees is this one: https://github.com/thirtybees/vatnumber. It never had a version 2.0.4.

Looks like there's a module name collision. You got a custom made module and it got kind of reverted to the official one, probably because they share the same name.

I'll look into the custom one later today to see what the distinction is.