thirty bees forum

Move Thirty Bees Installation

ThejCoCreative

Question

I'm migrating from PrestaShop to thirty bees. I didn't want to bring my shop down while I set up the new one, so I installed thirty bees in a seperate folder on my site. Now I'm ready to make the switch. What's the best way for me to go about moving my thirty bees installation so that it can now be at /shop?

I hope that makes sense. It's 5 am and I've been working around the clock on this store, so my mind is a little mush right now.

Thanks!

12 answers to this question

Moving the shop is simple. Like none cd /var/www/html sudo mv shop oldshop sudo mv testshop shop But this also switches to the new database.

If you want to use the old database with the thirty bees shop you should use the migration module: https://store.thirtybees.com/shop-modules/administration/prestashop-to-thirty-bees-migrator That's fairly quick, takes like 10 minutes.

If you want to use the migrated database with your test shop, switch the database by editing config/settings.inc.php in the test shop.

Ok, the easiest way to do it with cpanel is this...

Go into the back office of the new dev site you made with thirty bees. Go to the SEO and urls page and change the url to what you want the finished end url to be, like yoursite.com.

The go into the cpanel file manager, find the directory your dev site is in, right click on it, and select move. move it to the / directory. Then go into the / directory in the file manager, you will see things like publichtml, logs, and the directory you just moved. Rename the directory called publichtml to publichtmlold. Then rename your dev site's directory to public_html. That should do you and should only take about 5 minutes.