thirty bees forum

Restrict access to product per customer

Steve

So I would like to restrict access to a some products for some customers, how can I do that?

I already installed this module: http://nemops.com/free-prestashop-module-product-access/ which works perfectly, but that only hides a product for a whole group not a customer.

Thanks!

Edit: Restricting a category per customer would be even better, but it doesn't matter that much.

Seems to me that assigning those customers to a specific group would be the preferred option. You must have a good reason for this not to be (perhaps explain the reasoning so we can understand better)

An ugly way would be to use a cart voucher. Perhaps set the price of the product at a silly price, then the voucher can be set for specified customers that brigs it down to a reasonable level

@haylau

Seems to me that assigning those customers to a specific group would be the preferred option.

I just realised that I can make a group myself. How can I assign customers to it? And can I restrict access to a category that way?

(perhaps explain the reasoning so we can understand better)

My website will be B2B, I want some manufacturers not be able to see some brands (every category is a brand in the shop) that they don't work for.

On the customer page you specify which group they should be part of. So it is a manual process. Though I have seen some modules that can pre-set customer to groups. Not sure how they work though.

We did this for B2B also. Allowed us to set prices specific to them also. We have come away from that now. The problem was that with some B2B customers having hundreds of orders / quotes it really slowed down the customer page as it lists all the transactions.

@steve said in Restrict access to product per customer:

My website will be B2B, I want some manufacturers not be able to see some brands (every category is a brand in the shop) that they don’t work for.

Whenever a customer is not logged in the products will be seen by the customer unless you show only products to logged in customers only. So I think creating a new group will not cover the needs you have.